had a idea on the fuel cut

i was having a bit of a think on the fuel cut situation, people know how to cure it but im struggling to find a cause

who here has fitted a performance exhaust to their car?

my car wouldn't cut until i upgraded the exhaust. my theory is that with a free flowing exhaust, the turbo is soppling up quicker with less resistance (hence the increase in BHP) therefore the boost is increasing as a result.

i know they are very inaccurate, but my boost gague on the combination meter goes off the scale at high boost and goes past 50% on low boost as much as 75%

if anyone knows different, please correct me but i'm just voicing an idea

um, it took you that long to figure it out?

ye due to the performance derestriction effects of the exhaust, it allows it to spool further and quicker, which will induce fuel cut.

general knowledge i thought.

i didn't see it written on this site, i just thought people would like to know

you sound like the man in the know, how much extra power am i getting with 2&3/4" system? as its overboosting, i'm guessing about 7 BHP?

it depends on the psi gain its actually provided you with, there isn't gonna be a set figure of power because there are so many variables, but decent free flowing exhausts generally give upto around 5hp, maybe slightly more, but pave the way for further exhaust mods, decats and exhaust manifolds etc.

the only way you'd know for sure is by comparing before and after printouts from a dyno.

didnt mean to sound rude mate, just stated the obvious that if you're hitting fuel cut after having an exhaust fitted, then its obviously more free flowing than the stock item.

i have a cat back tanabe stainless exhaust system, its very rare, but won't come into its own until i invest in a decat and/or exhaust manifold.

i did hit fuel cut once or twice before my clutch started slipping, but havent since obviously, once its done i'll see how close i come, then invest in the decat/manifold and a boost controller so i can set the boost to peak just below fuel cut, saves keeping an eye on it then. :lol: