Not Boosting Properly

Hey guys,

Ever sine I have been driving the GT (couple of weeks) I felt it's not as quick as it should be, and I've noticed that it's not hitting full boost. It gets half way up the stock boost guage and then struggles up to the three quarter line, it never gets to full boost.

Now the car is an Auto to Manual conversion which we converted last year. I thought the problem could be coming from the Auto ECU but it is still the same with a manual ECU (from a Glanza). The engine management light comes on at about 2800 rpm, me and a friend carried out a diagnostics test and it came up with fault codes for the knock sensor.

The knock sensor plug on the auto loom will not plug in properly to the new engine which came from a manual. So I need a new knock sensor from an Auto which is obviously hard to get hold of so I'm thinking of splicing a manual knock sensor plug in to the auto loom.

Now, can that knock sensor make the turbo act like this? Or do I have another problem? It also drinks a lot of petrol, I thought that might be worth mentioning. I've had the actuator checked out and it's fine, I've also had a look around all the engine bay several times and vacuum pipes and all plugs look fine (to me!).

Any help much appreciated.

If it's detecting knock then it will retard the engine to compensate, going into limp mode??

Why didn't you get an auto engine? Harder to find but less hassle in the long run.

Splicing into the loom shouldn't be a problem as long as you do it right i guess.