im just starting to mod my v slowy but surley i wnt to go for a bit more power not loads just abit so i was thinking exhaust de-cat , fmic, manifold n re locate air filter but obv dont wnt to hit fuel cut but i dont wnt to turn the boost up yet so would a adjustable actuator set under fuel cut be ok? or do i need a fcd and fueling mods?

thanks

• 2 months later...

u should be ok with a adjustable actuator but u wont be able to set it higher than 0.7 bar ( it hink) because anything after that it will fuel cut so best thing 2 do is get a fcd but dont go daft and up the presure to much because ull just blow the turbo. I have a fcd and supporting mods and im running 0.9 bar. If u r wantig a fcd defence i have one sitting about if u r interested works fine just got given a jam fcd. If u want it send me a message. Im looking for £50 delivered.

Every glanza is different. People who relocate air filter, de cat, fmic, exhaust still sometimes hit fuel cut just with those couple of mods. There is no point going for .7 bar because that is .05 more than standard lol!

your ct9 will be able to cope with 0.9 bar safely considering you have all the right fueling upgrades! Like they say do it cheap do it twice! So if i was you get everything to support the upgrade in boost.

Now there is two ways of doing this, either way there is no difference apart from saving yourself money in the long run (Depending on how far you are going to take your modification). First way is get an adjustable actuator, fuel cut defencer, fuel pressure regulator, and a safc. You mite also want to consider a boost controller.

Second way is get a stand alone ecu, or a piggy back ecu. This way you will not need an fcd, or fpr, as the ecu does this for you any way (depending on make and model). The difference between the stand alone is it will take your driving style and adjust itself to you. Where as the stand alone ecu needs to be mapped. But has more mapping potential than the piggy back ecu. The down thing on this is its a bit more expensive!

If you go for just an actuator and fcd your car will run lean, as the fcd will be tricking your ecu!! I wouldnt recommend putting on a fcd without the support of a fuel pressure regulator mate!

Hope this gives you a better understanding of how to do it and how to do it in the right way! Dont want to be ruining your 4efte now do we lol :blink:

Hope this helps Regards Johny