Hi all i'm in need of some new pistons but am unsure of what ones to order. My standard ones are 74mm but when i go to order them from toy tuning they are asking what type either A, B, or C now is this the letter that is stamped on the top of the piston because i have a B on mine? Also i'm going to put new shells in and again either type 1, 2, 3, or 4 now on my bearings i took out all it has stamped on them is 5J1C so i'm confused any help would be much appreciated!!

• 2 months later...

It will probably be best to go for a set of forged pistons while you are changing rather than retaining the stock Toyota pistons. It would be best to replace all of them when you are at it. With this in mind, you could go for a set of 74mm or 74.5mm bore and get the block bored for fitment if going for oversize. If going for forged pistons, I would recommend going for Ross or Weisco dished pistons.

At least that way, you would not have to do it further down the line if you change your plans and decide to go for more power. The traders currently offer good prices on the forged pistons too. :o