• 3 months later...
i got my uprated shocks just trying to decide what springs , could people put up pics of starlets on lowering springs :lol:

could u also so put what make and mm drop . this will be very helpfull. cheers

now mate my starlets droped 40mm and its got little wheels so looks really low i wudent drop any more than 40mm cause thats when the wheel arches need grinding out. my springs to be hones wer cheapies from me mate at toyota ther called RSI (racing sport innovation) but they improve the handling of me sportif but 40mm is what u wnt mate

Best advice I can give is just don't go for looks, you need to be careful in matching springs and shocks rates as you could end with a pretty poor handling car. Are you running stock shocks? If so it doesn't really matter as without sounding rude it won't handle right anyway unless you opt for a very small drop like the TRD 25mm. It will also put immense stress on what may already be a worn pair of stock shocks depending in mileage.

Ideally swap the lot with uprated shocks/springs or some coilovers. I can appreciate some are on a tight budget so lowering springs alone will be a quick fix but in the long run look to replace the whole lot :lol:

T

^^^ yer i agree 40mm is deffo enuf

i dont think they looked right slammed on their arses

HKS springs are nice think there 40mm at back n 35mm on front to take driver and passenger weights into account

try them mate

i got Spax ones, just wanted a lower agressive look at the time.. £80.00 off POTN.com made a great difference in handling, as they are know for being hard. the kit is a 40mm drop but my car is fully stripped out, so the back is now slightly higher than the front.

now ive decided to turbo my mota, i am defo wanting to upgrade again. it would be worthwhile so if i was you, and u are planning on keeping it, go the hole hog mate. wats a set of second hand JDM coilovers at? £250-£450? for that u get top quality, amazing handling, peice of mind that its all workin in harmany and not against each other, AND choice of height so you can get the exact hieght your after.

think about it! you know it makes sense