Mountney Steering Wheel Fitting Help!

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of advice!

I have just fitted a Mountney M Range D shaped wheel into my N/A EP91 and I've got a few problems!

1, I can only get 90% of the centre nut's thread on the steering column spine, is this normal and enough thread?

2, The indicator self cancel doesn't work any more, is this normal?

3, The wheel doesn't have recessed holes in it, I'm struggling to get the horn centre to sit flush with the wheel as the bolt heads protrude to much, any ideas?

4, Is there a sperate air-bag fuse to get rid of the air bag warning light?

And last but not least, I've tried and I've tried but I can't get the bloody horn to work!!!!!

Please help me!!!!

Many thanks again everyone, Tom

Hi mate

Get some photos up, they would really help.

I havent heard of many EP owners using mountney steering wheels.

We all mainly use the 6 allen bolt hubs and the corresponding steering wheels (i.e sparco, omp etc)

90% doesnt sound right, it should fit sound as a pound if its meant to be compatible.

I would also suggest a pro help you with that as its sounds like you most likely have misaligned your steering etc so is potentially dangerous if you dont know what you are doing. Fair play for attempting it tho, im sure there are others who may be able to help. I found it difficult when installing my own aftermarket wheel, but got the place that does my wheel alignment to install it properly.

Hope this helps.

Joz