newbie needing some help and advice

hello,

this is my first post so hello to everyone, my name is Tim and i run a tuning company called TBDevelopments and i mainly deal solely in toyota mr2's and gt4's but i'm currenctly running a 380bhp mr2 as my everyday car and we have a 850bhp demo car, but the problem is i want something smaller thats a bit better on petrol for running around to suppliers and running to jobs, but being me i didn't want something like a corsa so was thinking of a little pocket rocket that will fill my needs but still be a bit of fun at the same time.

so if someone doesn't mind answering me a few questions, i've always like the EP91, always had a bit of a softspot for a white glanza but is there any certain model i should be looking for?

also what they like on petrol? normal communte, motorway run and a bit of a thrash?

Thanks guys and gals

Tim

TB Developments

hey tim

theres no specific model you should be looking for as such.

in regards to petrol 300+ miles per tank(£40) quid is possible with a light right foot if your ignition(leads, plugs) is spot on.

they are also cheap on tax, 60 od quid for six months.

the earlier ep82 shares the same chassis and components + being lighter makes it abit quicker.

as you do what you do, 220bhp is a nice figure to aim for on the 4efte, you will probably have to upgrade the clutch and maybe injectors as they will be at their limits at this level.

if you have any questions just ask bud :p

welcome to uksc

thanks for that, at the moment i'm getting about 240 miles out my mr2 from £50 so seems to be a nice little increase.

I probably won't go to mad, just take it to a nice reliable 180ish and leave it there. Probably drop a Gt2860r turbocharger on there, should be quite nicely suited to the 1.3

Tim

TB Developments

• hello,

this is my first post so hello to everyone, my name is Tim and i run a tuning company called TBDevelopments and i mainly deal solely in toyota mr2's and gt4's but i'm currenctly running a 380bhp mr2 as my everyday car and we have a 850bhp demo car, but the problem is i want something smaller thats a bit better on petrol for running around to suppliers and running to jobs, but being me i didn't want something like a corsa so was thinking of a little pocket rocket that will fill my needs but still be a bit of fun at the same time.

so if someone doesn't mind answering me a few questions, i've always like the EP91, always had a bit of a softspot for a white glanza but is there any certain model i should be looking for?

also what they like on petrol? normal communte, motorway run and a bit of a thrash?

Thanks guys and gals

Tim
    TB Developments

A 1998 Spec Glanza may be what your after if you want the best Glanza you can find, it is slightly facelifted from 96 Specs, A different front bumper with clear foglights, a different grille and badge and at the back it has updated lights/lenses at the back, i think they also have a clear brake light on the spoiler which differs from the 96 spec but i can be corrected on this.

theres no need to stick a big turbo like that on your ep if yor after 180bhp, you could get that on the standard tuby. or one of the many hybrids out there.

the gt2860r would be far too laggy on the tiny 1.3 with no headwork compared to other turbos out there

lol think i'm gonna have to run the numbers for the 1.3 as that was just a guess, i'm to used to dealing with gt3582r's and gt4096r's all day long.

Well i'm a dealer for garrett and like the idea of a nice fresh ball bearing turbo, i've done that on my other cars. I'm also not a big fan of hybrid turbo's as they never last, previous experience has shown they can never get the ballance as good as toyota plus the extra drag caused from the larger compressor wheels causes a pressure imballance on the bushes which eventually leads to premature wear and seal failure so i try to stay away if i can.

Thanks for the advice, i'll keep my eyes open for one, whats this industry like for tuners? wouldn't take me long to rip one of these apart to find the ins and outs and wouldn't be hard to develope a few tuning items for them, and whats the 1/4mile record for a starlet. as you can tell prietty new and only really started looking last night.

Got a 320bhp mr2 tubby sat here if anyone wants a part ex lol

Tim

TB Developments

im a dealer for tong turbos buy the way. in regards to hybrids different strokes for different folks,

but alot of people have had good results with hybrids mixed with reliability. it all depends on the person making the hybrid and the tollerences they use. to be honest.

with what your saying, eps are very easy to work on id say (compared to french shite). wouldent take you long to familiarise yourself with one

in regards to tuners, there are a few of them here but no one dedicated over here to pushing the envelope or really getting their car out there.

two that spring to mind are starletgtturbo and toy tuning. both of them have demo cars but not much has been seen of them, they selll parts and build engines but tuning is usualy left to someone else.

we need a big tuner to come in and grasp the ep and show us what can be done over here. im thinkng custom plenium chambers, top mounted turbos, water to air coolers etc or new engine converstions like the 2ZZ-GE out of the celica or a hybrid 7age

australia, japan and malta along with a few other places are way ahead of us in that respect.

we let ourselves down even more over here in the drag scene but abroad eps are getting into the 10s. and aload more around the 11s and 12s

yeah i know what you mean, unfortunatly i've not come accross tong turbo's before take it this is a starlet thing? and don't get me started on french shit, lol jap through and through now mate :p stop tuning cosworths and then euro stuff when i was 14 for a reason. lol

all the parts you were talking are about dead easy to do, wouldn't have a problem making those kind of things, As for a demo car i think for now i'd just keep the starlet as my everyday runabout as were trying to break the mr2 world drag record at the moment so times invested elsewhere but i have no issues doing RnD on my own car if i get one and developing some new and better products for you guys keeping it all UK produced

other option would be just to drop a 700bhp 3sgte over the rear wheels instead :p would be fairly simple to do i'm thinking

just need to find a nice Ep now :D

Tim

TB Developments

other option would be just to drop a 700bhp 3sgte over the rear wheels instead :p would be fairly simple to do i'm thinking

just need to find a nice Ep now :p

Tim

TB Developments

That would be insane!!!

There is a fwd 3sgte EP82 in the UK but a mid engined one would be in a different league

lol at the moment i'm looking at a nice ep91 take it to about 180bhp and leave it at that, still pokey but still better on fuel than my mr2. And if i get time i'll do a few little products for it since i'll have a base to work from.

Oh also had the mr2 drag car mapped today with a revised spec, 810rwhp :p 955flywheel. 2.5bar without nitrous.

1000bhp here we come, still 2ltr.

Tim

TB Developments

we let ourselves down even more over here in the drag scene but abroad eps are getting into the 10s. and aload more around the 11s and 12s

oi oi.. lol leave taht down to me geo.. but we cant forget that malta's strip probably has 3rd world timing and the strip is down hill :p haha

yeah i'm from kidderminster :p

few vids from last year, unfortuntly they aren't the best as we didn't get any of the 10.4 runs although we have the slips

and this was from TOTB this year, unfortunatly the mapper messed us over and didn't set any limits on the map, so we hit 3.3bar huge missfires as there was no supporting map for those pressures and blew up 1/8th mile and coasted over the time. Saying that on that single run we can 3rd on the RWD section and fastest terminal speed of the day

Tim

TB Developments