car is running standard boost, just under 0.7bar on the gauge.i took the dump valve off the other day and went for a spin and the gauge was going over 1 bar on full throttle!it wasn't doing this all the time just now and again.I've refitted the dump valve and its back to normal.anyone got any ideas on what could have caused this???

I don't know much about cars, and less about turbo systems, but the dump valve releases excess pressure doesn't it?, so no valve = no release = build up of pressure

If understand what I've read somewhere the pressure release stops air being forced back (the wrong way) through the turbo, preventing stress and damage to the bearings

I could be wrong, ask someone who knows more!

I don't know much about cars, and less about turbo systems, but the dump valve releases excess pressure doesn't it?, so no valve = no release = build up of pressure

If understand what I've read somewhere the pressure release stops air being forced back (the wrong way) through the turbo, preventing stress and damage to the bearings

I could be wrong, ask someone who knows more!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I don't know much bout it either but this is right in my opinion! :p