98 SPEC GLANZA OR CIVIC VT EE9

Well ive had my glanza for nearly a 7 Months Now and was planning to keep for alot longer but i a nice Civic VT (old skool box shape) has come along which i fancy, Which one would you lot choose?? i know its a bit of a stupid question on a starlet website but say if you never had one which one would you choose??

ive already drove it and its nice, not as bouncy as the starlet, pulls harder then starlet (mines fairly standard) but the box shape VT's are very quick, handlings better, but in my IMHO it is never as good looking. so on that point im not sure.

What is it that you want from the other car mate, the looks or the tunabilitydrivability?

Unfortunately you cant have everything unless you highly modifiy the bodywork which Im sure you would rather spend the money on modding...

Do you plan to tune the Civic if you get it? And is it costly to tune/maintain it?

The handling certainly will be better out of the box, you cant deny that, it also sounds quite good from what you say power wise.

What usually happens is starlet turbo/glanza owners moving onto Hondas and returning shortly straight back to another starlet...

That is something to consider but I understand you want a change to something different.

Joz

what about modability, do you intend on making your v faster?

ive got an ek vti and and two glanzas. the ee9 is just too old for me but thats me

Which one do you prefer Ek vti or glanza, starlet i know that i could make it quicker with not much money spent, VT you can get it to a certain amount but then to get it further would require a turbo (expensive), im not sure in 2 minds but had my heart set on one sinse i was 15-16, but with the starlet theres not much things that can give you the same buzz if you know what i mean, ive driven subaru's, evo's, skylines, supra twin turbo, and whenever im driving them they dont give you the same feeling, your doing 60 and it feels like your doing 20, but with the starlet your doing 20 and it feels like your doing 60 :) , if you get what im trying to say,

totaly understand,

ive had two eks now, first one i bought for 600. they are amazing cars bro. performance, practicality wise they are great.

my only gripe with hondas is its expensive to get more power out of them, thats why after i blew the headgasket in my last ek i set about buying another glanza and addressing all the week points in the v to bring it up to a level of the ek. (spent £400 to do that)

I used to drive an EK about a while ago, and I loved the handleing of it. I do love the Honda's, especially EF's or Old skool CRX!

But I definatly prefer my Glanza. Just feels different.

My partner spent £3000 on his EG to make it a 13.9 1/4 mile run. So, it really depends on what you wanna spend. Or if you wanna spend!