where do you get your brakes

hi guys i live in n.ireland and am having a bit of a drama getting discs and pads all round. i have a 1996 ep91 glanza turbo, and toyota want £300 :) i have tried lots of places and no one seams to know what size i need etc etc i dont think its abs but how do you tell ;) any help with anything would be great thanks a lot ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I always order my parts from either:

http://www.starletgtturbo.co.uk/

or

http://www.toytuning.co.uk/

I just ordered a full set of brakes from Dave Burwash (starletgtturbo.co.uk) - they arrived very quickly, and the price was great :D

Give him a bell, he's a top bloke

Dave

cheers mate i checked out his website lots of good stuff there, i seen a set on ebay 360100732052 and it seems to be a very good deal :lol::p perhaps to good! has anyone bought these before or any comments on them would be good cheers

keep er lit

cheers mate i checked out his website lots of good stuff there, i seen a set on ebay 360100732052 and it seems to be a very good deal :p:lol: perhaps to good! has anyone bought these before or any comments on them would be good cheers

keep er lit

We tried a set of these on one of our cars and were not impressed mate. I would recommend the 3g range that we sell as they are top quality Brembo castings :D

I usually source front brakes from 3G, nowhere in NI seems to offer anything worth using. Dave will take good care of you.

For the rears I stick to genuine Toyota items. Can't go far wrong with them. If you need any help give me a shout man, Niall in Charles Hurst Boucher Road is well versed in these cars (been coaching him for years ;) ) and is usually the best man to talk to for Toyota parts locally.

Cheers,

Jay

cheers jay

i ordered 3g front discs and mintex pads, std rear discs and pads from dave, my car is 37000 km past a cam belt change do you know of anyone good but not to dear to fit it? i have the belt and bits n bobs sitting ready just need someone to fit it, i live in holywood!!

thanks for your help jay :p

pete

by the way i have uploaded a pic of the car for my name, tag, thingy!! but it hasnt appeared yet, its a very unusual blue with gold wheels! not to many around im told!!!! :D:D

Not too far away buddy, that looks like a glanza that Trevor brought in a while back. Nice to see a change from the regular black, white and silvers!

Shoot Mi16Chris on here a message, he can sort the belt and most other jobs you may need doing. The 4EFTE is a non-interference engine so if the belt breaks it won't eat itself thankfully.

All sounds good with your brake choices. Should make stopping a little easier over the winter months. :p

yes i got the car from trevor, i traded my 250bhp mx-5 for it not sure i done the right thing!! ;) :D:D

Look on the bright side mate, least you get a break from the hairdresser jokes. :p

Totally different cars so it's hard to compare. The 5's are seriously fun, especially when you add a charger to the equation! drive.gif

mine was turbo and done 1/4 mile in 13secs! gone now thats life :p