Bit of a prblem. Tonight warmed the carup as normal to make my way home set off 2mins whithin the drive i notice the battery light and the symbol next to it come on.

I pulled over imediatly thinkign the car cut out but the car was still on. Turned everything off and let it settle for around a minute. Started it back up and the lights still on. Nursed it hoem but the car seems to run fine and pulls well. First i thought it was the aux belt of somethign as it has been squeelign for a while. Got home to have a look and seems like one of radiator hoses or somthign had exploded just noticed alot of fluid on the passenger side of the engine bay and catchment tray. It was dark so couldnt really see much. Anyone no what this could be?

battery light only really comes on if the aux belt breaks or there is something wrong with the charging system......whats was your temp gauge like? dont start the car if you suspect its leaked coolant every where inspect everything in the morning. did you touch the fluid? smell? colour?

Its just my luck as i booked the car in for a change of the aux and the cambelt. Um i no my radiator is faulty i patched it up last weekend and refiled the coolant. When i turned the car off i heard like water slowing rushing through the bottom radiator pipe liek bubbles goign through. So going to have to check in the morning

Its your rad then....avoid starting the car etc and dont be a cheapskate!! get a new rad/2nd hand one in there bud

can anyone shine some light as to why the battery light came on?

I got a new rad got it off Lowred from here. Minelooked to work fine so dint change it will have to get that done sat now then lol. I think the aux belt might be on its way out thats why the battery light came on not 100% tho

I used thsi one recomended from here some decent stuff. Aww thats true may just drive the other car till sat. may asell order some goodies for the engine bay while im at it get some nice samco coolant hoses

which did you use mate think mines due 12yrs i think its done its work...... :lol:

yup why not they dont perish in the long run + brighten up the bay = win win i want some black ones not sure if you can get them most peoples have blue :)