Hey guys, thanks for looking. I recently decided to keep my car for another year and would like a half decent sound system in it, nothing fancy, just enough. I'm looking for pretty much everything I think: Smallish sub, amp, 6x9's and maybe an amp for those because the wiring in my car is terrible.

Could anyone shed any light on a deal with all/any of this? I have no idea what all the figures mean, just looking in the dark really. And I'm an engineer! Anyone have a decent priced set up in their car they would recommend?

Thanks again :p

• 4 weeks later...

i know this sound had but halfrords do a fusiion package with sub amp wiring and 6x9 for bout 130 quid. i will testify to the fact that fusion are the best audio you can buy without going mad on the price and the noise off it second to none for the price

In my opinion its kenwood all the ways great clarity. I got a amp for 90£ 600W kenwood. I have a pioneer 12" sub which is punchy as hell i mean i cn feel my ripcage jumping its great. I got this one second hand (means i didnt have to break it in loool) for 50£ but a new one wud because between 70-100 mabe more, for a half decent one, although id always reccomend a mono block for you sub sounds much better and id also try and match your amp rms to you sub rms if ya can dont wanna blow ne thing lool (been there) . But to be honest though if you want a good setup your gna need a good sub so id buy da sub n box seperatly heres a list of what i know (from hearing rocks out)

Alpine SWR-1242D

Pioneer TS-W3001D4

Vibe Space II

Kicker Solo

You can get boxes ever where so wnt bore ya.

one got an example here of a box and sub mind you shop about because im sure you could find better for cheaper...............

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-slick...pbbkmhvnk5k1db1

Id also go for a sealed enclousre because that sounds waaaay better for a starlet in my opinion plus i rekon ported boxes sound gash but each to their own. I got kenwood 6x9s sensible sounds for decent pounds there so could cost ya between 30-100 depending on wat u like, been hearing good things bout the vibe square 6x9s.

As for head unit really cant knock alpine they got some cheaper options too which are decent this model is good and not a rip off Alpine CDA-9884R (bout 160-180) but the cheaper models are good too I personally have a kenwood but would tell ya to only get a higher spec models because these are wikid but da cheaper ones sound well... cheap. Wund even recommend sony total gashness.

I have 10cm in the front but really would reccomend some that can take all the power frm your head unit like 50 wat rms (again between 30-60). either that or go for componets with some nice tweeters (30-150). personally i cudnt be bothered with cutin holes n crap but im lazy and it would sound much better if you do go that route. If you do that youll need pods (probably) so set aside for that.

You can normally power most of that out of you head unit part frm the subs obvs. if you do power your 6x9s off another amp (wud cost another 50-100). Then you need a power cap if you have more that 300 watts and plan on actually turning it up you need one. 1 frad for up to 1000 wats 2 for up to 2000 watts and so on for a rough guide. poliges if i sound patronising i have no idea of what you know and i was bored haha

hope this helps ;)