how-to fit TRD inserts?

Hi guys,

lets start at the beginning, I got a brand new set of TRD shock-inserts so i was well chuffed. But then the headache started.

I had to insert the front inserts into the shockshousings. Only i had Monroe originals, so i couldnt remove the shocktube from the shockhousing as it was out of one piece.

So i tried sourcing the original shocks, which was a total pain because i needed a certain type with a screwcap on top so i could remove the original shocktube and be left with only a shockhousing for my TRD inserts... Luckily with some help from the members of dutch starlet club i got the propper type from a scrapyard. We found out i had to have a type that only came on the EP71!! cause we needed the screwtype shock.

Problem solved you would say... offcourse not..

After completly refurbishing them, cause they were really rusty, i went over to a mate to install them and another problem came up.

After putting the inserts in the shockhousing, the screwcap did not fit back on!! the insert sat to high in the housing so the screwcap couldnt screw back in!!!

I know that some of you guys drive or have driven around with TRD inserts, so my question is:

HOW THE HELL DID YOU INSTALL THEM!? :p

summary:

--you have to have original shocks with screwcap, only found on P7 models

--you have to get a other type of screwcap to fit the TRD insert???

please help me out guys

thanks alot!