OK am looking into getting a custom exhaust for my wee starlet. Plan at the moment is to put on a Corolla manifold to get some better breathing. Would a bigger, better downpipe be required as well? Past that does anyone know of a decent place to get a custom exhaust done in Northern Ireland? Got in touch with Cars 'n' Stuff in Junction One but apparently they dont do custom exhausts any more. Thoughts?

Was this not already answered in another thread Phil?

Anyway quite a few na members have had nice custom exhausts made so they will be able to recommend you what type of layout/pipework to get to replace your oem system.

Dont go out spending anything until you gather up some more info.

Northern Ireland is full of pipe bent exhaust fabricators and that isnt what you want, if you require the best for your motor Id go for somewhere that does mandrel bent exhausts, then you will get the true shape/diameter/contour of the pipe at each bend rather than being reduced in size when pipe bent.

Joz

Have found my options for this and narrowed down to Dee's exhausts near Belfast for £325 with a decat if required, or about £600 from ECC :S Am I better paying to get it done properly by ECC or does anyone know whether Dee's have improved recently?

Also anyone know about this. I got told by both companies that cars before 2002 are allowed through MOT without a cat? Sounds a bit dodgy to me but can anyone shed some light on this.

Also anyone any ideas where the best place to go in N'Ireland is for a Corolla mani? Or is it a case of ebay hunting?

Thanks