Engine Or Turbo Gone? White Smoke, Boost Only 0.3 Bar?

Hello There, Just Bought a Glanza and The Cars Not Running right, On Idle it will chuch out white smoke When you Rev it over 2000 Revs, When Your Driving It Will Smoke Aswell And Turbo is only boosting at 0.3 - 0.4 Bar Thats On High Setting, And The Third Light For the turbo Will Not Come on, Even on Full Accelartion?? Any Ideas Much Apprieciated, Thanks,

sounds like the turbo is fucked my dear friend- seals are likely to have gone, also have a look around the bottom of your engine block and over your gearbox for excess oil as your may have headgasket problems.

do you have a standard bov or aftermarket? if aftermarket look for oil being spluttered out that's another good indicator that the turbo id fubarbd

Why do you lot jump in and say a turbo is gone everytime theres a post about a smoking engine????? :p:p

Do some research for a change :)

Did you not test drive or inspect the car properly or what???

Your car is in limp mode. Read the faults and see what gets thrown up. Theres a guide on here somewhere.

White is water boiling off/steam Blue and smelly is oil ;)

Check your rad levels, thats more likely a blocked PCV valve or blown HG/cracked block than turbo. ;)

Can we sticky these links please mods??

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/tips.htm

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/faults.htm

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/faq.htm

i did say check the block in my post did i not?, white smoke could also be valve stem seal related, on idle there becomes a build up of oil and upon acceleration it gets burnt up coursing white/blue plooms of smoke.

but this is unlikely as performance wouldn't be to greatly effected. check all air intakes for blockages.

Hello Again, ive got a Reciept in Here from Car Planet, In Cheshire For having Valve stem seals just being replaced, The previous owner also told me that the Headgasket was done with this. I Did buy the car like this Knowing there was a problem. It aint got a blow off valve, its completley standard except for an exhaust and hks filter, Also Just seen today, Its A rare Sunroof Version, Any Suggests Welcome, I thought at first Most likely Turbo Aswell.

How does the smoke smell.....oily and smelly or slightly sweet?????

Have you taken the car for a run to get some real heat into the exhaust?? Take it and get it real hot like a good half hour motorway run, there may just be some residual oil or water in the exhaust that needs to be burnt off.