Hi Guys and Girls

I am new to ownership of the 4efte glanza, and the one I have bought was sweet untill this week and my turbo is almost furbarred smoking etc so going to replace it with another ct9 just wondering is there a guide on here how to change the turbo. I am mechanically minded and have swapped turbos on a skyline just I like to have a guide or some referance with me when working.

Many thanks

hi snowy welcome to the club man im sorry there is no guide at the moment but i might knock one up in a few days,

to be honest it is straight forward if you remove the

• radiator
  • topmount intercooler + piping

to give you space then its all a mythodical process after that, bearing in mind to take your time nothing should be too hard, just make sure you loob up all the bolts around the turbo/manifold/cat before taking them off because the last thing you would want to do is shear one.

also if you have the cat off it would be a good idea to maybe gut it as its not strictly needed for the mot as there is no uk car equivlent.

so the tester would only need to do a base idle test,

ps the most handy bit of advice i could give you would be to invest in some swanneck spanners, they make the job real easy

and lastly if your ever replacing the turbo its always good to get these two new gaskets you can find here

and remember to prime the turbo, instructions here

sheeky can usualy get them out to you next day,

hope that helps and good luck mate :blink:

ps try introducing yourself in the new members section if you want to get more help in future :blink: