tongs relocation of air filter

hi there

i need some info and pics for people using tong turbo.,how u relocate your filter or if u use the stock efi pipe...

i have aircon in my glanza ,i cant see any way how to relocate it in the front bumper...i dont wanna mesh it ..... :thumbsup:

your advise ply guys ... thks

hi there

i need some info and pics for people using tong turbo.,how u relocate your filter or if u use the stock efi pipe...

i have aircon in my glanza ,i cant see any way how to relocate it in the front bumper...i dont wanna mesh it ..... :thumbsup:

your advise ply guys ... thks

It will not fit the EFI pipe as the inlet is 55mm, you could hack and slash the efi pipe and make some silicone bend to fit but its pointless really!

To get the most out of the turbo you need to run a filter off it, i.e remove aircon.

You will need a 57mm (55mm very rare?) bend from the turbo, small joiner and then another bend to whatever filter your going to use.

hi buddy welcome to the club, you can still use the stock efi pipe, it has been done before a few times, what you would need would be a universal piece of samco amonst other things,

if you pm "Jaystar" on here he should be able to tell you exactly whats invovled as he was the one that pioneered this helpfull mod,

failing that you can obtain 55mil bended gineric pipes from ebay mate

thks enzo for your welcome..

i wii pm jay :lol:

Thought I would write this up on the thread rather than via PM.

Here's the stock intake pipe versus the GT-spec intake, as you can see they are incompatible:

hybrid004nv9.th.jpg

hybrid006pt0.th.jpg

hybrid009np5.th.jpg

Now to work around this problem. Get a suitably sized piece of straight samco:

hybrid007vl1.th.jpg

Remove the inner seal from the intake pipe:

hybrid010kt5.th.jpg

This leaves the end of the intake like this:

hybrid011mt9.th.jpg

Now you can pop both together :

hybrid012dg8.th.jpg

Add some jubilee clips for security, trim the length of the silcone joiner to allow clearance for the oil filter and reinstall.

Please bear in mind that space is at a premium so it's important to modify the silcone to suit. I had to cut the intake pipe down a little to get it to sit correctly too.

Hope that helps,

Jay

nicely done ...thks :lol::lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...