rite or wrong fcd's

i am hearing both bad and good things about the fcd's some say they will kill the engine some say with the rite fueling set up they will run fine which is more likely to be true or how long do these things on a rough scale take to kill your pride n joy??

If it's set up properly on a RR by someone who knows what they are doing then they will be ok.

Most people have no idea how to do it and just whack it on and turn up the boost hence the fucked up engines! Fuel cut is there for a reason after all.

I would never fit one as they are far too crude for my likeing and i wouldnt trust them. Save up for some proper management like E-mange etc. ;)

FCD's are only good for the bin.

Get proper management if you dont want to take ANY chances.

If you really cant afford a piggyback or the like, get a BCC, something like the JAM or Greddy ones.

They alter the clamp signal, alot safer than the HKS FCD which literally just fool youre ecu into thinking its not anywhere near fuel cut.

But if you do for a BCC you will still want something to adjust the fuelling, something like an SAFC or NEO etc will do the job.

I mean by all means fit a FCD and crank that boost up and see what happens. ;)

Alot of the tuned ecu's such as JAM etc are modified versions of the originals with extra boards soldered inside.

You can either run a piggy back such as greddy emanage blue/ultimate.. dastek unichip .. etc or a standalone such as the apexi power fc, motec systems etc.

OR you could just use a fuel controller such as the SAFC series along with a BCC.