bottom end knocking!help needed

my starlet gt turbo's knocking on bottom end a bit

it sounds like metal to metal so im presuming its bottom end bearings shells/rods etc but just thought id check to see if anyone more expierienced with starlets might know any different.i havn't starved it of oil at all and it sounds ok to drive and not too bad while ticking over.its when you rev it in neutral it starts tapping like hell at the bottom of the engine. Anyone got any thoughts of what it could be or does it sound like a bottom end rebuild might be a good bet

pls reply guys your thoughts will be appreciated

yer thats what i thought.well heared it tapping so switched it off let it cool down for an hour checked oil then drove it home bout half a mile slowly and its been stood ever since so as u said might be able to just do shells and maybe rods. do you fink crankshaft might need doing as well???

cheers mate

when the bottom end shell spun on my Evo 4 I drove it home which was further than what you drove and I got away with just replacing the shell but i lost confidence in the car and sold it after that. Go forged if it turns out more damage has been done. Good luck!

my celica's bottom end went, big time! but yeah not a nice feelin when the engine dies! DO NOT DRIVE IT! you will nly make it worse, and end up costing you loads more! mine was fine then after a nite out at the local strip and some heavy launching, it started nockin realy badly on way home. then wen i got to the dual carriage way was doing about 50-60 then bangin turned to level of someone hitting engine with a sledgehammer, car shakin like made then a huge pop and luckly i just managed to put clutch in befor it locked up completly! that would have been interestin if i hadnt!!

Jay

thanks guys uv bin a massive help

ok next question then to them who say go forged

can i have some good suggestions

im know alot about performance mods i.e exhaust systems FMIC's turbo timers actuators etc but engine mods aren't my strong point

any suggestions guys

thanks