Forged Engines?suggestions

thanks guys uv bin a massive help with the bottom end knocking problem

ok next question then to them who say go forged

can i have some good suggestions

im know alot about performance mods i.e exhaust systems FMIC's turbo timers actuators etc but engine mods aren't my strong point

any suggestions guys

thanks

First and foremost is money....and how much you have to spend. buy the best you can afford but dont be cheap "do it cheap, do it twice".....then i guess its just port+polish, clean the head, hone the block, pistons , rods, cruise springs etc list is almost endless. As for what parts are best im not sure tbh best wait for the lads who have actually gone forged to post up.

only forge the engine if you want big power i.e. tdo4 and upwards and want to run over 1.2 bar all the time.

the standards FTE engine isnt bomb proof but they certainly ain't made of chocolate.

porting the block isnt essential as having the turbo on the car it does all the work and would only see minimal gains(if it were n/a then porting would provide a bigger bhp gain), it would aid in air flow etc but shouldn't be at the top of your list unless you decide to rebuild the engine then you might as well while the block is out.

again cams arnt the best mod to invest in to increase power, they could shift the power curve but depends want you want the car for and what turbo you get.

Dave at starletgtturbo.com has all you need to increase the cars power by a fair whack

yeh I've just been looking at starletgtturbo.com looks pretty good

so what your saying is instead of naffing about with the little things would be better to save up and sent it for a complete re-build at starletgtturbo.com then??

depends on the condition of your engine and what you are going to use it for, if you want big power and your engine has done 80k i cant imagine it would last to long so in that case yes it would benefit from a re-build, but if it is just a daily drive and you arnt going to do to many mods then there wouldn't be much point.

it all depends on what you want from it, do you want big power? or do you just want a daily drive? only you know what you want so just go with what you want, all the information is on this site just have a poke around