What's that exactly?

Stole a picture from someone here:

18052008011.jpg

to the left with the blue tubing, the box with th electronics coming of it, is that the high-low boost controller?

like here on Bourkey's:

DSCF1983.jpg

i have seen some FTE swaps like Bourkey's where that thing is not there at all. What does it do and can it be removed?

thanks for the fast reply guys!

so if you would want to remove the high-low boost controller you have to have an uprated actuator?

and the fugly block underneath indicateds if you have ABS or not.

Nicking my picture cheeky git ;) :thumbsup:.

Yes all the bits on the left on the top picture are the high/low boost controls and the abs controls.If you car doesn't have abs already then don't worry about it as you don't need it to run a 4EFTE.

As for the high/low boost control you don't need that either. Your car will just be on high boost all the time like mine is. I'd never use low boost anyway and i don't know anyone that does. On GT engines the high low boost control is at the back of the engine but i pulled it out and all the piping too as i didn't need it.

Asda is correct in saying mine didn't come with abs but some n/a's abroad do so if you have them controls then you have abs.

Bourkey

na meshed turbos are totaly ok . . . . . . the oil filter is for taking all the shit out of the oil, as long as you keep in mind to change the oil and filter every 2-3k you should be ok,

all my turbo eps are meshes with no dump vavles, chatter is the best!

the red beast has not had a filter on it for coming on two years now and ive done a shitload of miles in it since september, always changing filters and oil though once sometimes twice a month,

i dont know about no DV reducting the life of the turbo, but as i sell them it doesent really matter.