well it is basicaly legal, the police wont do you with an emissions test at the side of the road as the same rules aply to them

the only problem being that some people registered there cars as uk cars. if its on thelog book as that then you need a cat

Yes ^^ but insurance would be void then ;)

:thumbsup:

So if the cars registered as a UK car its not legal? Or do you mean if its registered as a UK car make sure you tell the insurance company that so they dont put it down as an import?

Thanks

ALL Glanza's and GT's are imports and should be down as Import on the log book.

If not it needs to be changed unless you want to be paying x amount of money just to be driving around uninsured :thumbsup:

There is no question.

Decats are LEGAL.

Its not a case of, fit one and get a dodgy mot..Or, some glanzas its illegal on.. because its not.

DECATS ARE LEGAL.simple as that.Any decent mot tester who knows the difference between a uk built model and a jap built model will pass it.

Generally speaking, dont give the car to a company suck as kwik fit, or mr clutch to test.Because they havent got a clue.

Take it to an independant mot tester.One where they dont carry out repairs.

Generally speaking, dont give the car to a company suck as kwik fit, or mr clutch to test.Because they havent got a clue.

thats the best bit of advice in this thred, you wouldent want to find yourself arguing with some goon that dosent have a clue.

I'd make sure you go over this with the tester before hand and make sure they definitely knows the laws surrounding it.

I've seen many people on here say they've failed emissions tests, but as people have stated it should've passed due to no UK equivalent.

I'd make sure you go over this with the tester before hand and make sure they definitely knows the laws surrounding it.

I've seen many people on here say they've failed emissions tests, but as people have stated it should've passed due to no UK equivalent.

Exactly.

If the mot tester doesnt really have a clue, he will log it on as a toyota starlet 1.3.

And guess what, if the glanza v variable doesnt appear on his computer, he wont run a basic idle test.

If he runs it as a uk spec, it will first be visually checked for a catalyst. So he will open the bonnet, look for a cat.See theres not one there and fail it.

IF for some reason he does pass the visual inspection, maybe for some odd reason you have a decat that looks like a catalyst.. OR youre running with the standard catalyst housing but youve gutted it, it will pass but fail on the load emissions.

Listen to the wise words of Bildo, talk to the examiner before hand and make sure he knows its a grey import, and ask him what the emission test will come under.

If he says "basic idle test as theres no uk equivalant" then go ahead :lol:

92 onwards needs a full cat test,pre 92 is just idle test!

There fore mines a 95,it went for mot yesterday with its cat,if i didnt have a cat it would have failed!

My 90 passed without a cat cause its before an mot,it doesnt matter if its an import it is still used on the british queens highway

no shes not lol... my mates 95 passed with a boxless system

mine failed at toyota, as theyre gay and its a 4efe with a turbo basically... so they just test it as a 4efe which is shit

no shes not lol... my mates 95 passed with a boxless system

mine failed at toyota, as theyre gay and its a 4efe with a turbo basically... so they just test it as a 4efe which is shit

My fella is an mot tester i think he should know!

Everyone thinks they know everything about MOT'S its like go on a mot course before you start telling people for defo

Exactly.

If the mot tester doesnt really have a clue, he will log it on as a toyota starlet 1.3.

And guess what, if the glanza v variable doesnt appear on his computer, he wont run a basic idle test.

If he runs it as a uk spec, it will first be visually checked for a catalyst. So he will open the bonnet, look for a cat.See theres not one there and fail it.

IF for some reason he does pass the visual inspection, maybe for some odd reason you have a decat that looks like a catalyst.. OR youre running with the standard catalyst housing but youve gutted it, it will pass but fail on the load emissions.

Listen to the wise words of Bildo, talk to the examiner before hand and make sure he knows its a grey import, and ask him what the emission test will come under.

If he says "basic idle test as theres no uk equivalant" then go ahead :lol:

Has soon has the mot tester puts the car reg in the mot computer it says what car it is,colour etc