Failed Mot Today :thumbsup:

RBT Park Brake Efficiency : 11 %

Parking Brake Efficiency Below Requirements

Offside Rear Parking Brake Recordin Little or No Effect

Offside Rear Brake Binding

Anyone know of theeasiest and quickest way to sort this ?? ;)

Failed Mot Today :thumbsup:

RBT Park Brake Efficiency : 11 %

Parking Brake Efficiency Below Requirements

Offside Rear Parking Brake Recordin Little or No Effect

Offside Rear Brake Binding

Anyone know of theeasiest and quickest way to sort this ?? ;)

Take the rear offside brake apart and clean it all up, check the brake pads not worn too thin below the requirements..

And bleed it all up.

Replace the pads and / or discs if there worn.

Also check the handbrake only pulls up about 2 or 3 clicks, if it goes up almost vertically, remove the plastic surround from around the handbrake and adjust.

To remove that theres a screw at the back near the ashtray section, have to move the front seats forward to access the torx screws.Remove them, then remove the front screws in the coin tray and lift the panel off.

Then tighten the handbrake cable bolt.If it tightens all the way up and the handbrake still goes up too many clicks, take the adjusting bolt off, and pack it out with some washers.Put the nut back on and retighten.It will take up the slack,And should see you through the mot, but remember if it passes you should replace the handbrake cable because it would have stretched past the point of no return.

Hope that helps bud.

The parking brake should be reaching about %50.Binding brakes is usually due to corrosion, rust and sticky caliper pistons.So a general, good clean should do the job along with a good bleed.

Start at the rear brake furthest from the master cylinder, then do the other rear, then the front furthest from the cylinder, then the front nearest the cylinder.Do it twice to remove all air in the system and it should work a treat.

Well I Had My Hubs Off Not That Long Ago To Fit Wheel Bearings And The Shoes Look To Be slightly worn still pad left tho ..

My Handbrake Does kind of sit vertical about 5 or 6 clicks .

So If I Just Give it a right good clean and make sure everythings moving And ill chuck on a new shoes and give them an adjust aswelll and hopefully that will see me through .

Thanks For The Help Guys :thumbsup: