Alot of people have mentioned that they have removed their air con from the car?

What is the main reason for this? Are they heavy?

( I don't wanna sound stupid, but I have never known why people tend to do it on alot of turbo'd cars)

i have removed mine and the main reason is so you can front locate a filter to the bumper- this aids performance as the turbo can get more cold air straight to it.

and also yes it is a bit heavy, so removing it helps with weight and performance.

also on other cars it free's up room in the engine bay so a bigger manifold could go in for example.

i have removed mine and the main reason is so you can front locate a filter to the bumper- this aids performance as the turbo can get more cold air straight to it.

Also aids your self to some boost creep :D

Stace, many folk take it out for different reasons,

bigger turbo's,fmic kits,losing weight as they dont use it (its uk ffs!),variations

but main case if people WANT to remove it is because they want to lighten the car it ways about 30kg

OK cool, thanks.

Just wondered what the main reasons were really, cause I had been told that they were pretty heavy. And as you have said, having them in England is pointless most of the time. But on hot days going to the Pod and getting stuck in ques to come out, its nice to have!

Ive got a hybrid in and a FMIC and ive kept my aircon by locating it just behind the aircon rad :) works a treat as the cold air flows through the aircon rad directly onto the filter and still have the aircon. I'm not botherd about weight! Comfort is more important to me, although some sun and heat would be good so i can justify all the mucking around i had to go through to keep it lol

yeah its a fairly fat little bastard, so gets some weight out. it also runs off the main fan belt as well, so u are takin load off of the belt which means the engine isnt constantly trying spin up the compressor as well i think. many people say they notice increases in torque from it. i wouldnt if u can feel difference or not, cuz im building a turbo engine up to put in my N/A, and as my N/A has no aircon it will not be needed so it wnthave the aircon belt running. help this helps!!

correct me if im wrong tho people! :)

yeah its a fairly fat little bastard, so gets some weight out. it also runs off the main fan belt as well, so u are takin load off of the belt which means the engine isnt constantly trying spin up the compressor as well i think. many people say they notice increases in torque from it. i wouldnt if u can feel difference or not, cuz im building a turbo engine up to put in my N/A, and as my N/A has no aircon it will not be needed so it wnthave the aircon belt running. help this helps!!

correct me if im wrong tho people! :)