re-setting an ecu

I disconnect the battery positive terminal for a bout a minute, also took the EFI fuse out and the MAIN fuse, dont know if that helped but thought may aswell :)

Then connected it all back up and left the car idling for 10 mins, should be good to go then ;)

Whats the problem by the way?

to reset your ECU you need to do one of two things

disconnect the battery for like 2 or 3 h as if you just do it for a min it will save all settings

take out the efte fuse its a big one in the engine bay then turn the key 2 clicks so all the dash lights cum on then what 1 min then put the fuse back in and it shooed be reset

tin

I just take the glove box off and disconnect the ECU itself, leave it for 10-20 mins reconect switch on (if its worked it will almost stall the engine) leave for 5 mins on idle switch off or go for a drive...

Also Have you check for crackes in the exhaust manifold or anywhere?

no not checked for crack's cant really see the manifold its still all standard where the best place to look with out removing to many things??

will try your method of getting the ecu re-set tommorow as its a bit dark now lol... :)

The way i used to do it when i was gettin fuelcut and works everytime is really simple.. Open the bonnet.. Top right as u look at the engine bay u have the fusebox. look at the diagram on top of the cover .. It will Say EFI or something on the 1 then open it. Then compare this to your fusebox and then pull out the fuse that is in the place as told on the diagram. Leave it out for a few minutes or aslong as u want really to be sure its done.. Then plug it back in and idle the car..

Job done :D

You pretty much have to remove the bottom half of the dash 2 large screws underneath either side and 3 smaller screw behind glove box at the top (open glove box to get at them they are near the clip) pull off at the sides to unclip. Its the whole panel including speaker etc.

You pretty much have to remove the bottom half of the dash 2 large screws underneath either side and 3 smaller screw behind glove box at the top (open glove box to get at them they are near the clip) pull off at the sides to unclip. Its the whole panel including speaker etc.

i can get to myn just by flapping the glove box down, ie just push the box in at ether side :D