Import paperwork?

Is the car from a garage or is it private? also how long has it been in this country? when i bought my first gt from wrc in bradford they didn't give me any paperwork with it, however when i imported my ek9 myself i had all of the documents to register it in this counrty vat, customs etc.

most starlets dont come with these mate unless its the importer whos selling it to you, or the previous owner has kept hold of them

i dont have my documents as its been in the country years and was imported my keighley/bradford

Is the car from a garage or is it private? also how long has it been in this country? when i bought my first gt from wrc in bradford they didn't give me any paperwork with it, however when i imported my ek9 myself i had all of the documents to register it in this counrty vat, customs etc.

it was importedby WRC originally IIRC, but its a private sale now, so there is no legal requirement that you should get a copy of the paperwork?

was imported start of 2008

A BIMTA certificate is a very good thing to have

but not essential?

what paperwork would be usually expected with an import car?

just trying to gauge if something is wrong and thats why its not there, or if the generally dont have any with them these days!

Mine was from Torque Keighley but it came with nothing apart from V5 and Mot Cert.

I know that you get paper work when importing yourself, because you have to register it. I am guessing alot of Traders get rid of the paper work once they have registered it.