needing some serious advice!

hey guys

right, i have LOADS of questions, im usually more at home playing around with my 4 pot VVC'd rover engine! so please forgive me :)

right, i have just got my Glanza V, and have had a few problems already,

cracked head, but i think i am getting that sorted!

But i need some advice with other bits, i want a EBC, and i think i am going to go for this one i found on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HDI-full-electronic-...A1%7C240%3A1318

does anyone else reccomend these and how long do they usually take to arrive?

Also, it seems my boost gauge is hitting 1.1bar when on hi-boost, which i know is wrong, so obviously the ebc would correct this, how much damage does it do running it at this boost?

I also only have a 2 pod gauge on my a pillar at the moment, and it looks rubbish, and the gauges are different styles, i know what gauges i want, i want an AFR, a Boost gauge, and and oil temperature gauge, what is needed to fit a AFR gauge and an oil gauge? obviously i can use my existing boost gauge cabling etc. ideally to be delivered by this weekend! where can i get all the bits needed to fit them too?

Also what weight/thickness oil is best to use for a change on these?

cheers guys

hey guys

right, i have LOADS of questions, im usually more at home playing around with my 4 pot VVC'd rover engine! so please forgive me :)

right, i have just got my Glanza V, and have had a few problems already,

cracked head, but i think i am getting that sorted!

But i need some advice with other bits, i want a EBC, and i think i am going to go for this one i found on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HDI-full-electronic-...A1%7C240%3A1318

does anyone else reccomend these and how long do they usually take to arrive?

Also, it seems my boost gauge is hitting 1.1bar when on hi-boost, which i know is wrong, so obviously the ebc would correct this, how much damage does it do running it at this boost?

I also only have a 2 pod gauge on my a pillar at the moment, and it looks rubbish, and the gauges are different styles, i know what gauges i want, i want an AFR, a Boost gauge, and and oil temperature gauge, what is needed to fit a AFR gauge and an oil gauge? obviously i can use my existing boost gauge cabling etc. ideally to be delivered by this weekend! where can i get all the bits needed to fit them too?

Also what weight/thickness oil is best to use for a change on these?

cheers guys

Hey mate i would get the boosting issue sorted first, as you would need a few mods from standard to safely run 1.1 bar!

Also the Hdi boost controllers seem to be quite good there is a trader on tgtt called dane (sps) im sure he sells these and had alot of good feedback!

Also about the AFR guage if you get a narrow band guage they are only accurate around stoichmetric (14.7) so are not really useful! But a wideband AFR guage will come with a wide band sensor, and need to be fit in the exahust, just after the cat is best i think.

Hope this helps. :)

Hey mate i would get the boosting issue sorted first, as you would need a few mods from standard to safely run 1.1 bar!

Also the Hdi boost controllers seem to be quite good there is a trader on tgtt called dane (sps) im sure he sells these and had alot of good feedback!

Also about the AFR guage if you get a narrow band guage they are only accurate around stoichmetric (14.7) so are not really useful! But a wideband AFR guage will come with a wide band sensor, and need to be fit in the exahust, just after the cat is best i think.

Hope this helps. :)

thats useful, thanks mate, so need a wide band afr, i geussed that about 1.1 bar, thats why i wanted the boost controller this weekdn so im not tempted to use the high boost button!

So far i have an Apexi exhaust system (inc decat) And a HKS Induction kit, with HKS plugs. (crap i know!)

what else am i needing?

as stated with what jon said, there will be a reason why its hitting 1.1 bar,

so whats your current spec list? have you checked behind the dash for the ecu

or if it has an adjustable actuater, if its the latter then just wind the actuater down to .8

1.1 bar with standard fualing is a timebomb waiting to happen but if you have your fualing sorted it will be fine.

how would i turn the boost down, i dont get how it means about the actuator threads, also what bits do i need to fit an oil temp gauge?

and i had a look today and it seems to have a jam fcd which ive read is crap, and id assume the boost still needs turning down?

how would i turn the boost down, i dont get how it means about the actuator threads, also what bits do i need to fit an oil temp gauge?

and i had a look today and it seems to have a jam fcd which ive read is crap, and id assume the boost still needs turning down?