had a go at fitting my new actuator last nite, everything seemed fine exept i was boosting too high so i adjusted it a bit , it was a bit better but i was hitting fuel cut so adjusted it a bit more but now im not getting full boost till 4500rpm. I think i may have plumbed somthing in wrong, is the t piece clear? does it matter which way the pipes are in?

can anyone help?

You need to adjust the actuator so that it is just about holding the wastegate shut. Then take it for a drive and adjust it accordingly. As for the pipes i think it does matter which way they are but i cant remember which way they go but i'm sure someone can tell you.

i had a look at the diagram and changed the pipes to the way they where on that but its hard to tell, it does feel a bit better though. ill keep playing around with it, its doin my f*cking head in lol.

thanks alex mate

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same problem at the moment as i just had my new tubby put on (hybrid) and no matter what i do with the actuator it is overboosting but the waste gate has been made larger and have been told that it wont cause boost creep but i think im having hose symptoms. even if i wound the actuator rigt open so its not closed at all when i get to 5000 revs the turbo starts to come alive then overboosts to over 1 bar which is all i wanna run as i got a fuel cut defender. saw it reach 1.3 the other day as i booted it and had to back off. everytime i take it out now im stoipping for a while for the engine to cool down so i can adjust the actuator once again and nothing seems to work. i just dont know what else to do. One thig i am doing at the moment is just running it on mesh without a filter. im guessing i need to wack on a filter and block the filter up a bit with some tape from the old way of curing a bit of boost creep ?

anyone got any ideas as i so wanna drive my car without worrying about going fast and blowing it up with 2 much boost

they are a bit of a cunt to set properly took a lot of time and trial and error, i got mines sitting ok around 0.8 bar but still hit fuel cut now and again, why dont u try a boost controler and make things easier?

I am the same.My problem was the hoses,they were kinked slightly and this made me hit fuel cut straight away so got all them fixed and just adjusted the actuator as much as i could before fuel cut.

I am the same.My problem was the hoses,they were kinked slightly and this made me hit fuel cut straight away so got all them fixed and just adjusted the actuator as much as i could before fuel cut.

how much boost are u running now? u got your boost guage hooked up yet?

how much boost are u running now? u got your boost guage hooked up yet?

11psi on low and high boost,not sure why.Only on high boost i hit fuel cut,even tho its still boosting to 11psi.Aye got the vac hose on it but no wired up yet.