Fitted Fmic... Couple Questions

Started fitting my new hdi fmic on saturday, As someone that only changes the oil and filter i didnt know what to expect, I was in my work when i began the mission :p i had access to all the tools i needed and had 2 mechanics to give me a hand also if needed and i did need them for the occasional lift or to hold sumthing in place. I found fitting the pipes was easy enough with a little fiddling about, I would say the most time consuming and frustrating bit was removing and refitting the front bumper I actually ran out of time, i had 3 hours to do the job and thought it was possible but no chance, had to drive home bumperless lol drove rite past police to :rolleyes: typical, but they didnt do anything thankfully. So left it till saturday to refit the bumper and after loads of cutting frown.gif and fiddling about i just about managed, could this be the most cut up bumper on the site iam thinking lol...Iam not that bovered tbh just well chuffed its on now and cause this is the first thing ive attempted myself after being sick of getting charged a fortune off garages. Took it out for a drive and there is some difference compared to the old top mount smile.gif

Photo678.jpg

Photo687.jpg

Photo686.jpg

Photo685.jpg

Love the whoooooshing noise i get now hearing all that air gettin sucked in, hope that noise is normal :thumbsup:

Do you guys recon i will be able to get a front spilter on there?

also as iam not running a bov atm will this damage the engine? must admit love that chatter noise lol.

yeah i see you still have aircon, you have to cut so much with the HDI with the aircon still in.

running no bov will be fine mate, but just make sure you dont get a boost leak around were you have bunged it up.

you should be able to get a lip on there but you might have to cut it...and i wouldn't want to cut an optional lip that's for sure lol, take the aircon out move the core back a bit and you should be able to get a lip on without cutting it.

pm Keirz or Pav as they both have fitted the HDI fmic with a lip and without cutting to much off.

I have a HDI and managed a reasonable job but dont have a lip so cant say for sure.