Hey peeps, it seems that at the moment if you need a CV joint then it's a case of pull your car apart and count the splines on your existing one. I would like if possible to to get peoples info on what Model and spline count they have needed as I personally am of the belief that Toyota didn't randomly put 23 spline and 30 spline cv joint on starlets.

My theory is this:

The EPC lists the following:

Jan 1992 to June 1999 (GT/GLANZA) with ABS 43030-10010

Dec 1992 to June 1999 (GT/GLANZA) with LSD 43030-10020

I think the only thing that affects your spline count is LSD/Non LSD.

If anyone who has bought a CV joint would be kind enough to post their spline count and whether or not they have an LSD, I believe it possible to save people a lot of hassle in the future.

I am also looking to replace a CV joint myself and am will to "guess" which one I need based on any info posted to try and prove my theory.

Thanks in advance

Mark

I purchased mine from Dave Burwash at TM-Developments, all I needed to tell him was that it was a 96 Glanza (Non-LSD) and he immediately knew it was 23/30.

Think it might be less complicated than you're imagining mate, best bet is to ask someone who supplies them.

Bildo i don't think it is that complicated to find out which CV joint a person needs but from the posts i've read on UKSC, when anyone asks if they need 23 or 30 spline the advice from other owners is to take your old one off and have a look. There are also quite a few parts sites that ask you to check. I don't think that should be necessary.

My theory is one type for ABS cars and one for ABS + LSD. I would just like to know which one is which and I though people who have already bought one posting up their model and spline count would give a conclusive answer.

You say your 96 with ABS is 23/30 spline. If a few more people say the same as you and no one posts up 23/23 spline for their ABS car then problem solved no more pulling your car apart to check.

Mark

Bildo i don't think it is that complicated to find out which CV joint a person needs but from the posts i've read on UKSC, when anyone asks if they need 23 or 30 spline the advice from other owners is to take your old one off and have a look. There are also quite a few parts sites that ask you to check. I don't think that should be necessary.

My theory is one type for ABS cars and one for ABS + LSD. I would just like to know which one is which and I though people who have already bought one posting up their model and spline count would give a conclusive answer.

You say your 96 with ABS is 23/30 spline. If a few more people say the same as you and no one posts up 23/23 spline for their ABS car then problem solved no more pulling your car apart to check.

Mark

1997 V abs+lsd 23/30

1998 V abs + Lsd 23/30

theres my 2 for u buddy