my autobahn cracked not so long ago, i dont have the cash to invest currently in a decent manifold so want to weld this on up as a temp measure until i can afford a decent one

how would you reccomend to brace it, to make it last longer?

DSCF4386.JPG

DSCF4370.JPG

DSCF4985.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's a mixture of both to be honest. During the summer month you should be ok as there isn't so much of a temperature change as in summer the mani will be warm most of the time even when off. But in winter the mani cools down quickly and when you switch it one it is oven hot in 1 or 2 minutes so the change causes the cracking. This is due to the poor qualityt steel and the shite welds aswell.

Next the weight. Due to the steel being more flexible than the cast jobbie the turbo will twist and stretch the mani everytime it spools up during acceleration. This is because it is supporting the turbo, exhaust cat etc and is madde worse by adding a unbraced decat. Bracing it well will reduce the effect of this but after 8 months my brace on my mani cracked and then the cracking in the mani followed. Again this is due to the shite quality of the mani.

You could fix it like i did and it should last around 8 or 9 months but however long it lasts it will break again. Cut your losses bud and save up for a good one :wacko:.

Bourkey