For F**k Sake

i fort i would go out for a drive last night it was all good till i went down the bypass and the engine temp started to drop, i found a layby to check to see if coolant was leaking but it wasn't i presumed the stat was stuck open.

i was checking all my levels today and i come across rusty coloured coolant, it isnt thick like mayo its really thin as water should be.

can anyone shed some light on this for me, would this have stopped my stat from closing up.

hopefully its just time for a service and its not f**ked.

any help will be appresheated.

cheers

what you said mate first and easiest thing to do is change the thermostat as it hasnt probobly never been changed 90percent of the time thats the prob and as the water is rusty probs just old engine coolant, if it were like mayo possible headgasket etc

hope this helps

that wat i fort mate being a fresh import i aint got a clue when it was changed its due a service anyways i was just gonna hold out till i had a bit more cash. ahhh its all money and i have seen some enkei's i really like but skint atm lol.

oh while i am on the subject of servicing does anyone know what oil it takes i wa gonna go for motal 10w 40 semi but i aint sure?

ma other half picked up a load of glanza bits today she is buildin a replica

thats what i fort would be good in it.

nah not yet mate she is selling her car atm hopefully it won't be too long tho.

she is lookin for a sportif in white, she got rear bumper, skirts, bootlid with spoiler and the vent today.

there was a sr on pistonheads for 895 but its a cat right off but it only needs a bumper bonnet and headlight think its low miles aswell

Yup, just change the thermostat on her and whack some toyota red in after a proper flush of everything....change your hoses if you like too (on some cars ive noticed they get a crusty build up on the inside, just squeeze it and you can usually tell)

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Give the coolant system a flush and change the thermo,

As you said shes probably due a service, (I would anyway on any new car)

I used 5W 40 Fully Synthetic Millers pretty good stuff.

10W 40 will be fine though :thumbsup:

lol should be a good little car for her then nd she obviously passed her driving test now then lol, u gonna keep the 4efe in it or turbo it??

dunno yet mate what we will do to the engine she may leave it atm but she may change her mind

Yup, just change the thermostat on her and whack some toyota red in after a proper flush of everything....change your hoses if you like too (on some cars ive noticed they get a crusty build up on the inside, just squeeze it and you can usually tell)

Best of luck :thumbsup:

ya cool i will check, i will use a decent coolant flush but if not i will change the hoses if there fobarbed

Give the coolant system a flush and change the thermo,

As you said shes probably due a service, (I would anyway on any new car)

I used 5W 40 Fully Synthetic Millers pretty good stuff.

10W 40 will be fine though :lol:

ya needs a service might as well chuck it on my staff account at work lol.

i was gonna ask i was thinkin of changin the plugs heat range maybe 7's in it will be running about a bar so i reckon they will be ok what do you think

lol yea that should be a good little project then, nd as ive said before if you ever need a hand with the project give us a shout, nd if your rad hoses are all shitted up i got some standard 1's that are all good you can have if i can find em :thumbsup: , got samco 1's now

lol yea that should be a good little project then, nd as ive said before if you ever need a hand with the project give us a shout, nd if your rad hoses are all shitted up i got some standard 1's that are all good you can have if i can find em :thumbsup: , got samco 1's now

wicked thanks mate. will order the stat at work tommorow hopefully will come tuesday then i will get all the service stuff. maby ya fancy givin me a hand.