Wind Deflector Clips

This may seem like a really daft stupid question..

but i have a toyota passenger side wind deflector to fit with the 3 clips..but i cant for the life of me work out how they actually fit on the wind deflector?

anyone help out? pics maybe? :lol:

Thanks

Haha, a lot of people ask this question but once you fit it your gonna kick yourself because it was so easy! I can't describe in words how they fit, but damn they are easy to fit! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Man am i glad im not the only 1.. recieved 2 sets of the small black clips from japan today but aint got a clue where to start.. am i right in thing there should be another 3 clips in either wind deflector for the smaller clips to clip into/onto ?

Heres a pic of the clips i had today.

29052009327.jpg

lol.. asked some japanese trader on ebay if they could get them and he said he had 1 set left. i did ask if he had more/could get more but he said they also dont make them in japan either anymore.. cost me a bomb £21 delivered.. Anyway, do i need other clips too ? :thumbsup:

yea i know they are the correct 1's but fitting them to the wind deflector looks to me as tho the deflector itself should have some sort of clip on them too..

Heres a pic of mine.

30052009333.jpg

Cheers for that mate.. mega helpful :thumbsup: .. sadly either the clips i have are ep82 (exactly the same as yours) or my deflectors are somehow wrong. As u can see from my deflector pic mine has quite large square holes, ive tried many different ways of getting them to fit into that hole but no chance. Argh !!

Can anyone with a Glanza please confirm my theory ?

Cheers.

Chill Soops lol.

I've got a set coming in from Japan (off a 98 V) via ems so they should be with me shortly.

They will come with a full set of clips.

I'll post up soon as I get em so you can compare.

Joz

haha.. nah its just i paid £21 for these clips from Japan and am dying to know if ive wasted my cash or not... If its the set i think, you bought them off the same person i got my clips from.. Ninoaec ? something like that..

Cheers for that tho joz.. Finally some concrete facts/proof of what im trying to find out..

Much appreciated.. and im sure kennedy (if he hasnt already got his on) will be happy too :D

And here they are... all six of them!

DSCF3571.jpg

They are all the same, I took pics of 3 on each side.

The way my deflectors came they have adhesive on the top as well.

Seems to really help keep them on (test fitted)

Im not happy with the condition of them so Im gonna get them painted and take off all the crap (old adhesive) :thumbsup:

As for the clipping them on part Im gonna wait til they are painted and I will also be using some type of adhesive/sealer.

But seriously on the glanza deflectors, where those three grooves are, the clips are meant to work just how it shows in Jay's pic, Im sure of it.

Joz

on jays pic there is no square hole like on mine tho.. the small little centre part of the clip has no chance or way of being clipped onto/into or under the small rectangular hole.. Thanks for confirming the clips tho joz :thumbsup: ..

What type of sealer/adhesive would u use ? i took all the remnants of the adhesive strip off and it seemed like a spongy kind of material.. Maybe if i had that on there it would help push the clips into the holes somehow..

Again thanks Joz :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...