Right recently been having problems after fitting a new Rad (standard glanza rad), got it sorted a few days ago went for a 60 or 70 mile drive and the coolent temp gauge started fluctuating, Ok so i got a new thermostat just fitted it went for a drive but noticed the pipe from the rad to the thermo housing is very cold even after a 20+ min drive, but before fitting this i can remeber it being fairly hot, just want to know if this is right to be cold or if i have a problem what is likely to be the cause??

+ the rad was bled for air after fitting new thermo

+ radiator is hot after a drive

was it a brand new rad you put in mate?? if not it could be blocked :lol:

i flushed the rad before hand and its only just gone cold after changing the thermostat, im thinking maybe it could be the thermostat is faulty?

Just a thought but the water pump blades may have collapsed/the shaft might have broke, common on VW/Audis which run the plastic water pump (yes Ep`s have metal water pumps)....on an audi we replaced the thermo but the car still wasn`t right (pipe from thermo to rad was cold) turned out the pump had shat its self so wasnt circulating the water.

gauge sits in the middle like normal, yup heaters are nice and warm seem to heat up quicker than before although cud be in my head

everything seems to be fine its just the fact that the pipe on the bottom of the rad is still very cold which im sure means sumtin is up

hoping its not the water pump :lol: