glanza vs, clio sport 172

im trying to figure out what the craic is with the 172,

raced one coming back from edinburgh,

on about five attempts coming out of vilages (we are doin 50 onto the national speed up to 80 id gain on the dude and make ground ever so slgihtly, between 80-90 though the gap wouls stay the same......????

ive questioned myself thinking it cant be possible and im wandering if he was giving it beens or catching him off cam,

the way my autos geared second goes from 50 to 80, very explosive for overtaking,

whats your views, as on paper the sport should murder me......

maybe he was using fourth instead of therd?

Very probable he was usi8ng a higher gear as gear for gear a 172 standard sport would beat a glanza. Mayby he was just not a very good driver or he put a Renault Sport badge on a normal clio.

A tuned 172 flies like fuck to.

They kick out around 175BHP from standard I believe. Who knows what the clio you were racing against was doing but top marks on that Glanza for showing him up :)

im thining along the same lines too as i test drove one a few years back,

id did have the twin exhausts,

so he must ahve not been unleashing his full arsenal!! lol

yea i think the cup weighs something like 1100 kilos,

@emz

yea it is an auto but not for long, i have a six speed laying in my garage along with a quafe diff and all ancilarys to convert to manual :)

hay i cant really say why you kept with a 172 as not a glanza owner yet but wat i do know is that car figures are a load of crap in my eyes you cant go by figures i dont think. your weight would of helped. but i have heared a lot of bad press about 172 182 going on rollers standard and producing a lot less bhp then there ment to as lo as 150 ode (i think) i know every rolling road is diffrent, and so is every french pile of sh*t but dont get me started on that. a good example of figures being crap is wat i know a bit about 106 gti i think figures are 7.2 to 60mph I've seen my mates standard 1 run a 6.8 at trax last yr. the clio cup and trophy are ment to be the better ones i thing cus there lighter , but at the end of the day GOOD LAD.

ive raced a clio 172 and a clip sport, ive beat both of them and none have gained on me, from like 30-100mph im pulling away and anything higher i keep the gap and they arent gaining on me.

yea i think the cup weighs something like 1100 kilos,

@emz

yea it is an auto but not for long, i have a six speed laying in my garage along with a quafe diff and all ancilarys to convert to manual :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my dad has a cup 172 it is about 990kg but his has 190+ and revs to 8,000 insted of 7,000

it does about 0-60 in 6.2 and 153mph

p.s nice 1 enzo keep up the starlet name