Car Not Running Well :(. Missing

Hi all, Drove the car yesterday and all was fine, then on the journey home it started to get really lumpy like it was running on 3 cylinders. Hardly any power when u put your foot down, just like i had when i first had my car. That problem was there was water down 1 of the plugs where it was steam cleaned. So first thing i checked was the plugs.. All bone dry and no oil/petrol.

So next thing i checked was the leads.. All seemed to be connected fine etc but 1 had a small white patch on the very top near the rubber seal at the top. It looks like a kind of burn. So im guessing its arcing to the head cover or something. Is this right ?

Ive also took off the dizzy cap and checked that and the rotor. Both look fine.

As im not working at the min i cant just go out and buy a new set of leads as i dont want a cheapy set from the local motorfactors and obviously £80 ish quid for some mags aint gonna happen eiter. Can someone confirm my theory that it is the lead ? and if i can get my hands on the correct lead (number 4 i think it is, closest to passenger side, far right if your looking at the engine bay and the shortest of all the leads.) will it be ok to replace 1 lead for now ?

I currently have Ultra power Red 7mm leads.

Thanks in advance guys n gals.

Guest Enzo

yo dude, leeds are quite a week area if you cover alot of miles

im afraid they dont sell single leads, toyota only sell sets,

i think you can only buy the king lead seperate.

if you were resourcefull enough you could make up your own set?

Yea i thought they didnt sell single leads, but is there any harm in using a different brand of lead with the other 3 ? im asking that as im sure someone may have 1 lying around i can purchase/borrow just to confirm my theory for now and also keep the car useable so that i can get back and forth interviews etc.

Does the symptoms and evidence i found on the lead sound like something that would make the car run this way ? if so would a temporary solution be to use insulation tape around the area where the arcing is occuring ? maybe ill give that a try now.

Id like to know more about this tho "if you were resourcefull enough you could make up your own set?"

Thanks Enzo

mate does sound very much like the problem i had the same problem with water getting in, sorted now with new ngk leads mine used to fire on 3 cylinders too! even the N/A leads fit if you know anyone with a uk spec? the insulation tape should work for a temp fix. i did the same when i broke the plastic

Cheers for that Dean mate.. Ill try the insulation tape as soon as the weather holds off haha.. Fingers crossed it solves my problem.. And if it does, anyone have a spare lead around ? :lol:

Cars huh.. who'd have em :lol: