the benifits are that it allows the gases to escape quicker from the shaft and turbine housing, as it trims a portion of the shafts blades away. so should see gains top end, the size of the gains are questionable and it will also be at the expense of some spool up time as there will be less shaft blade surface area to spin it up. but again the amount is questionable.

its not something you can do yourself. the turbo will have to fully stripped, cutting it back is a difficult job to get right too and takes a lot of skill. then the turbo would need to rebuilt and balanced.

hope that helps a little

Does help thank you. Was lookign to buy a turbo which has already been done. So really once doen the turbo should have had new seals and rebuilt. How much is a decent one worth thanks for the help

is their seriously noticably gains in this?

if not it seens and expensive and long job for minimal gains doesnt it???

the Tong turbo runs with a different compressor wheel with what can be compared as cut back blades with a stock ct9, and the difference is very noticeable power will retain upto red line and not slowly die off.

the gains are found on bigger turbo's, small turbo's like the ct9 it's pointless as it's cheaper and less hassle to just bore the housing and fit a different comp wheel.

the Tong turbo runs with a different compressor wheel with what can be compared as cut back blades with a stock ct9, and the difference is very noticeable power will retain upto red line and not slowly die off.

the gains are found on bigger turbo's, small turbo's like the ct9 it's pointless as it's cheaper and less hassle to just bore the housing and fit a different comp wheel.

not sure if im reading you post wrong or wheather your getting things confussed, i could just be misreading what you have wrote.. the blades that are cut back are on the shaft and have nothing to do with the compressor wheel mate.

not sure if im reading you post wrong or wheather your getting things confussed, i could just be misreading what you have wrote.. the blades that are cut back are on the shaft and have nothing to do with the compressor wheel mate.

yeah how i put it didn't come across amazing did it lol, i wasn't sure if enzo's gt spec turbo actually has cut back exhaust blades or not but the bigger comp wheel used would give a similar effect to having cut back blades... that's what i was trying to get at lol

yeah im with you mate, i dont think the gt spec does. hence its not really that important as the added power can easily be made with the bigger compressor on the ct9

but cutting back the blades also helps exhaust gasses escape quicker and in theory making the turbo more efficient in that sense.

i may do some research into this on my own car, as my new turbo i havent cut back the blades. i may get a power run. then whip the turbo off, cut it back and get a re run to see the results.

yeah it would be really cool to see a before and after showing the positive or potential negative aspects of cutting back the blades slightly, and seeing how it effects the bhp/torque levels and spool time :)