I have a standard EP91 starlet gls and i want to lower it. Im not sure how to go about it.

Do I purchase a coilover kit or just some lowering springs?

If I purchase lowering springs can I use the standard shock absorbers on the car?

I have a standard EP91 starlet gls and i want to lower it. Im not sure how to go about it.

Do I purchase a coilover kit or just some lowering springs?

If I purchase lowering springs can I use the standard shock absorbers on the car?

really depends on how much you want to spend, and really what your going to use the car for..trackwork/everyday etc etc...

IMHO coilovers are the best your going to get in terms of handling performance, but for a decent set your going to have to pay 600+ quid for them, and for everyday road use, not very practical. Noramally very hard ride, and prone to bursting on our uneven/bumpy uk roads.

You can use lowering springs on standard shocks, thats the cheapest way to go about doing it. It will handle better than standard, and give the car a more agressive look/stance. But wont be as good as springs on uprated shocks

For a nice handling, everyday road car, i personally think your best bet, is an uprated shock/spring combo. A good popular choice is RS*are springs on Kayaba SR shocks..But theres many more out there!

As rob said it all depends what you want from the car but there afew afew different coilover kits which will suit certain needs, we can provide them all at fantastic prices if your still after them.

If so drop us a Personal Message and we will discuss which would be best for your needs :)

Many Thanks

~Nick @ Tuning Developments LTD