i don't know if i am just worrying about nothing but my cr has been a bit hesitant to start a few times,

i turned the ignition on to let the fuel pump pime as i always do, gone to turn it over and it doesn't fire up straight away,

it trys to start and spultters then cuts out, but when i turn it over again it starts after a couple of seconds.

has anyone got any ideas.

cheers

curt

Could be that its getting flooded slightly mate by letting it prime, maybe for too long?

Or the pump isnt auto-switching off after its primed, itll stop/regulate on its own normally as we all know, could be a problem there somwhere?

I doubt its anything to do with the leads and plugs but check them just incase.

I just jump in and fire mine straight up, has never once failed to start or cut out.

I mite be talking complete bull-poo but im not the best at problem finding and diagnosis. :)

thanks for your input bud, its a bit of a wierd one it hsn't got worse its just really annoying,

i reckon i will have a little look today i just wondered if it was a common thing with these engines.

thanks mate

• 7 months later...
i don't know if i am just worrying about nothing but my cr has been a bit hesitant to start a few times,

i turned the ignition on to let the fuel pump pime as i always do, gone to turn it over and it doesn't fire up straight away,

it trys to start and spultters then cuts out, but when i turn it over again it starts after a couple of seconds.

has anyone got any ideas.

cheers

curt

I have the same trouble 2 and i went riding 1 night, nice run, then i came back again.

tried it once more the second time i went for it i hit fuel cut and after that my car would want to start any more.

But a couple of weeks ago i washed my car and all of a sudden it didn't want to start i went to check under the hood and i pulled out my coil cable and the one end that went i the coil was fine but in the coil there needs to be a piece that hold the iron end of the coil was totally disintegrated, i then went inside took a piece of aluminium foil and put it inside and then i tried it again, all of a sudden i tried it again and then i started.

I was gonna buy a new 1 but my baby boy was about to be born so i needed the money, now i ordered TRD Racing Sparkplug cables and am going service my car as soon i get my new coil.

i'll let you know on the progress but if there is anyone to help me with some advice would be very helpfull.

P.S. No Engine Managment Light On.

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon.