Fitting A Sparco Steering Wheel..

Before i start fitting it need some advice.. obviously i need a boss kit.. but i need to know how to remove the standard steering wheel with airbag.. and do i need a special boss kit to fit the sparco after i've got the standard wheel off or will a ebay boss kit do the job?

Any help apreciated! Pictures of how to fit wud be great.. Thanks

Disconnect your battery..

there is a little plastic panel on the left hand side of the steering wheel..remove that

Now you should see a bolt which needs a torque key (think thats what they are called..its star shaped anyway)

You should also see another star bolt on the left side..undo that aswell

On the right side there is another star bolt..undo that..

now gently remove the airbag and unplug the cable thats attached.

Once removed you should see a bolt holding the actual steering wheel on. Remove that and yank of the steering wheel (can be quite hard, had 2 bang mine really hard to remove.)

(P.S. the star bolts dont actually come out..they just loosen off)

Think thats right anyway

• 2 weeks later...

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Right i've got the normal steering wheel off. but the boss kit won't fit propa because of the yellow wire and connector next to it.. how do i get it to fit? the boss kit is meant to fit the starlet.. please help asap!

08082009927.jpg

08082009928.jpg

08082009929.jpg

08082009930.jpg

just take everything off. if you dont want the airbag then the only thing that should be left is the unit with stalks etc. well thats what my cars have. can take a pic of mine if you like ?

just take everything off. if you dont want the airbag then the only thing that should be left is the unit with stalks etc. well thats what my cars have. can take a pic of mine if you like ?

yeah so all that ribbon crap attached to that plate is not needed?

defo post a picture lol

lol better still come help me haha!

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Right i've got the normal steering wheel off. but the boss kit won't fit propa because of the yellow wire and connector next to it.. how do i get it to fit? the boss kit is meant to fit the starlet.. please help asap!

08082009927.jpg

08082009928.jpg

08082009929.jpg

08082009930.jpg

When fitting boss kit to ep91 do you need to remove this hole unit pictured in the first picture?