i wouldnt say the change to 4efe to 5efe is a big enough gap to warrant a look down your nose attitude in the event of not declaring it to insurers, the 4efte swap provides a significant boost of power coupled with a braking system not made for such meaning it could lead to an accident and the feeling of boost to someone who hadnt had it before could bring about a bit of careless driving also so that should be declared in full in my opinion.

^^In theory any change to the standard road car should be decalred..espcecially an engine change.

i understand all that and i have in the past declared everything even the air filter, i just thought the answer was bit smug and narky for such a minor engine change

^^it just annoys some people who declare the mods they have, maybe even pay extra for it for other people to not declare the mods they have which then invalidates their insurance policy.

so if they do happen to have an accident they aint insured.

I wasn't being a snob or anything, just saying I wouldn't recommend doing it.

(I don't have EVERYTHING on my car declared; such as interior bits and bobs, but everything substantial - suspension, exhaust etc is covered)

And pretty sure you're supposed to let the DVLA know of a new engine too as your logbook has the engine number, so if you changed the engine the logbook would no longer be relevant to the car surely?

Bit like you'd have to let them know if you painted it a different colour etc.

Tis stealthy enough that could get away with it in regards to Police probably not noticing if they checked the car if you were to be pulled over as looks the same is you just take the 5efe sticker off the cambelt cover.

Plus regarding the not big enough to warrant declaring it, officially speaking, you're supposed to even declare optional parts that are chosen for the car when new. (for example someone buying a new car decides to pay extra and have a spoiler or nicer wheels, then they're supposed to declare thse optional parts to their insurers, although I'll admit most people don't)

(I don't have EVERYTHING on my car declared; such as interior bits and bobs, but everything substantial - suspension, exhaust etc is covered)

Same here, its pointless telling them about a gear knob or something like that.

^^ it shouldnt cost you much or even anything to declare it on your insurance.

And i'm not sure about the DVLA, might just get charged an admin fee to change your V5.

Best being all legit mate, just in case the worst should happen, i mean me and my mate from work nearly got wiped out by a lorry before (completely the lorry's fault)