A friend of mine aka 'joeep91' has had a cap paddle clutch for just over a year now and recently it started makin funny noises. Has taken it to a garage and the guy said the clutch is fucked and that paddle clutches are no good for road use and will wear quickly. Is this true as i am looking for a new clutch at the mo and was going to get a paddle clutch but now im not so sure! Can anyone clear this up for me

ta

A friend of mine aka 'joeep91' has had a cap paddle clutch for just over a year now and recently it started makin funny noises. Has taken it to a garage and the guy said the clutch is fucked and that paddle clutches are no good for road use and will wear quickly. Is this true as i am looking for a new clutch at the mo and was going to get a paddle clutch but now im not so sure! Can anyone clear this up for me

ta

yeah a garage would say that because they couldnt sell you a paddle clutch they would only sell oem ones clutches wear depending how you drive your car

obv a car used for road use will wear far quicker than one just used on the track but thats because a track car gets used what 4 or 5 times a month road car gets used every day

;)

FTW

MTBUBBLEBERRY.jpg

FTW

if the car is used everyday it will f**k a paddle clutch up quick as you have to sit on bite ect, paddle clutches don't like modulation on the clutch peddle as there designed to be on or off, if not they ware extreemly quickly