Porting Wastgate Help?

i'm wanting to port the wastegate on my stock turbo on my glanza due to boost creep, i'm a bit short on funds so was going to do it with a dremel and see how well it works, i've read about people doing this with the turbo still on the car how easy is it to do?

will i need to replace the cat-turbo gasket?

i've also heard of people porting the part from where it sits to the manifold going into the exhaust side of the turbo is this nececary?

help would be appreciated

cheers

Its only a few more bolts to just get the turbo off mate, would make life alot more easier.

Luckily when I bought my new turbo I done it in uni before fitting it using a die grinder and a vice to hold it.

Takes quite along time aswell and I ported the area by the exhaust wheel as you said dont know whether it made a difference or not but done it to be safe.

They are pretty hard wearing the gaskets but its better to change for piece of mind :)

It might be easier to remove the manifold aswell depending if its a standard one as If I remember correctly the turbo bolts are hard to get to with the stock mani in place

if its a standard mani you should port that while your at it. i just changed my mani and ported the wastegate while i was at it. i thought i could reuse the gaskets but now its blowing like mad. i baught the mani to turbo gasket and turbo to decat from toyota and im gonna fit them today. they werent cheap either :)

part numbers are

mani to turbo 17278-11031 that was £13.50

turbo to decat 17279-11010 that was £26.99

you should just buy them though. saves so much hassle