Newbie! In Need Of Help!

hey all!!

newbie to the forum..

currently own a peugeot 106 which i will happily rip apart any day to change something or to do a conversion.. unfotunately though my knowledge isn't as great on a starlet..

one of my friends owns an ep91 uk starlet n/a. he then bought an accident damaged ep82 jdm starlet gt turbo.. im sure you can see where this is going.. haha.

as it stands the engine has been transplanted, all bolted up etc its just the wiring that is needing done.. as far as i can remember at the moment its got ep82 full loom in the ep91, engine turns on starter motor but doesn't get fuel or spark..

basically looking for someone with in depth knowledge who could help me out here..

i personally havn't done any work on my friends car but have recently became involved in it and see it as a great project now my 106 is complete..

so what im looking to find out is

a) what fuel pump should be used? will 4e-fe fuel pump be ok or is 4e-fte needed?

:D is an ep82 ecu coded to an immobiliser? if so what company can unlock them?

c) is there any parts which i could maybe use to make conversion easier? i.e different loom?

d) immobiliser pickup ring on ep91 will this pickup signal prom chip in ep82 key (ifthere is one?)

cheers folks! :D

p.s. looked at search results and found wiring guides but nothing relating to ep82 into ep91 that goes into as much detail aas required..

Carlos

hi mate!

cheers for the reply..

as the car sits at the moment the full n/a loom has been stripped out and the full ep82 loom has started to be put in.. currently no dash in it just a bare interior really with wires everywhere lol.

as i mentioned earlier the car has no fuel or spark, i will try get an efte fuel pump and hopefully that should sort fueling out.. what could the spark problem be if its not locked to an immobiliser then? would i be safe to run a constant live from a relay to the coilpack to test?

carlos

have you seen the conversion yet? just that your asking of chip in keys, immobolisers etc, when they dont come with them

on a note with the wiring its easier to take all the looms and everything to convert it, as most others do, not sure if there is a guide with the wiring anywhere, might be worth a look on TGTT

thought your 106 project just shit itself again??

awrite lad!! thought it was you! :D

take it that its johns car your talking about??

look through the 'breakers yard' and get some pm's sent about fuel pumps man

how is the pug? did you sort the gearing problem?

stew