head gasket went on my car..could drive it from cold for bout 5-6 miles then it starts to overheat..i noticed the thermostat was fucked to.was told this couldo casued it.

i have orderd a new gasket set from tm developments

a new thermostat..

and i have been quoted £80 to get it skimed and pressure tested..

im not the best when it comes to the internals off an engine.. but when the car was runing it was stil boosting at 0.68bar i think it is and ther wasnt any smoke..

im just wondering if my bottom end and valves will be ok?

any help would be great :thumbsup:

only slight diference i noticed apart from it using water obv was it ideling bout 5-6

its parked up in my garage now :lol: waitn for one o my mates to come take the head of for me

5-6000? or 5-600?

if its idling about 600 you might have a cracked head, but i doubt that if you stopped driving it straight away.

Only way to tell is get it tested. hopefully it'll be fine :thumbsup:

5-600..

thats what im woried bout if i have :)...how much you rekon i would be for another head?

ther a reconditiond one on ebay thats done bout 3000 miles for £220 i think it was..that good?

Even if its been reconned, id still double check the head for straightness if you buy it. Get a straight edge and check for it being warped, or any deep scratches on it.

You may as well just remove yours and get it checked, it only costs about £30 or there abouts.

Also remember to buy new head bolts for when you come to refit it.

Last thing you want to do is snap a reused bolt or the car to run fine for a while then a head bolt fail.

Id suggest ARP's. can never go wrong with them.