Any Computer Wizkids?

Hi folks,

Just come off the phone with my brother and we are having a little trouble with mapping his fiesta ecu.

He has a OMEX ecu and its a 1600 zetec se with ITB'S,

OMEX have sent him a base map to get the car running and then it has to be mapped from there,

Its all done through a pc or laptop with a cable into the ecu, which i think the EMB has aswell.

The file that OMEX sent him is a CAL file?? which i dont no what that means. It also wont open it in any program i have on my laptop,

Has anyone heard of these before?

Any help or ideas?

Cheers

Gary

Gary,

Bear with me here, ive just figured it out!

You will have to down load the latest free "winzip" software. This should open up once installed.

Once that is done, open the above folder that you have already down loaded (The link Asad has provided) in Winzip.

In win zip "right click" on the extract key at the top, this will then throw a window up asking where you want to put it ie: Documents etc etc.

Press "ok".

Once that is done, open the OMEX folder from where you have saved it above, and run the "setup.exe" icon.

From here on in, it should work outno problem.

Only thing is, i cant test it as i dont have a map on the comp.

Hopefully this helps you out buddy

Rory

You dont need winzip, windows has an option to extract the files to another location (look at the top)

Hes sorted it now.....just needs to transfer it onto his workshop PC and test it out let us know how you get on mate ^_^