alright Guys & Girls

Hello people,

my names spencer an im from the NW. I am in the process of looking for a Starlt Glanza to buy. Currently i am driving a Mk2 Fiesta XR2 which i take to a lot of shows etc and has been the best car i have ever owned.

Alot of my mates drive Jap cars and because i feel left out and get quite a lot of stick of em all, i have decided to see what all the fuss is about.

I went out with a mate of mine who has one and it was a mental ride, hence me joining. At the minute i dont have a clue when it comes to jap cars, and im hoping you can help.

The car i have seen is a Glanza V Turbo, 1998, 29,000Miles with the followin mods:

Front mount intercooler.

Re-located apexi air filter.

Zisco ram manifold.

Custom 3 inch exhaust (stainless).

Blitz nur spec back box.

HKS dump valve.

TRD short shift set.

TRD ignition leads.

Aluminium cooling panel.

Aluminium speed vision radiator and slimline fan. Cusco oil catch tank.

HKS fuel cut defender.

Apexi neo fuel management.

Gizmo intelligent boost controller.

Cusco 6 point roll cage.

Subaru WRX seats.

Exedy stage 1 clutch

D2 racing fully adjustable coilovers.

Toyo proxes all round.

Dont supose anyone has any idea on what power this will be kickin out? the company selling it dont know as it hasnt been rolling road.

Looking forward to goin jap :p

spence

hey mate with a spec list like and your running a bar you will be munching wrx's

asuming again that its boosting to 15psi. id say 170-190

go for a test drive an you will be smitten with the power

just make sure its been well cared for mate and check it over a like a fine tooth comb.

welcome to uksc

hey mate with a spec list like and your running a bar you will be munching wrx's

asuming again that its boosting to 15psi. id say 170-190

go for a test drive an you will be smitten with the power

just make sure its been well cared for mate and check it over a like a fine tooth comb.

welcome to uksc

i wil do, just wanted a ruff idea as i gotta drive a long way to check it out. Its a good 4 hour drive! if i go i wanna be pretty sure im gona buy it. Sounds like fun though i gota admit, its gonna make the XR2 seem like a toy car me thinks...

definatly,

remember to check it. make sure its warm to check for smoking also monitor all fluids to see if its been maintaned.

out of practice i change my oil every 2ooo miles

also check the gearbox for whining noises or gauges. and if you can test drive it take it up to to a decent speed on the dueler etc.

there is a guide in the wiki section in the side bar that could help you with a few needed pointers, mate

edit, just noticed the mileage. it should be total mint if thats correct.

do a history text check.

how much is it going for and have you a list for the add?

definatly,

remember to check it. make sure its warm to check for smoking also monitor all fluids to see if its been maintaned.

out of practice i change my oil every 2ooo miles

also check the gearbox for whining noises or gauges. and if you can test drive it take it up to to a decent speed on the dueler etc.

there is a guide in the wiki section in the side bar that could help you with a few needed pointers, mate

edit, just noticed the mileage. it should be total mint if thats correct.

do a history text check.

how much is it going for and have you a list for the add?

not being funny or anythin guys just a litte bit weary of givin out to much detai, last time i did it the first xr2 i went to buy got snapped up by some guy off the xr owners club! hope you dont mind... im goin the bank on wednesday for a loan hopefuly, if i cant get the funds ill post it up...

Guest cheshireglanza

Hi mate i no that car that your buying its in a garage in devon the last owner took real good care off it but he traded it in he didnt get close to the price there selling it for

Hi mate i no that car that your buying its in a garage in devon the last owner took real good care off it but he traded it in he didnt get close to the price there selling it for

it looks mint, got the loan for the glanza but im havin issues with the insurance, sky are the cheapst i found but i gota have two years no claims, which i will hav when i renew my insurance in Feb :p

keep trying mate im sure you'l get something sorted, remember when your trying to get it insured a lot of companies don't recognise glanza's and most are registered as 1.3 sportifs or cd's or what ever so you will have to let them know about that. try quin direct

thats a mint XR2 mate makes me wish i still had mine:( i only have 1 photo of it:( i lost all the other 1's when my computer broke:(

car002.jpg

it was in good condition bar a few battle scars on the drivers side from knockhill haha.

had a fsh with a genuine 54k

mine has a FSH and was purchasd with a genuine 32k miles. its stil all original but i racked sum miles on it, it just hit 63k miles. plan was to drop an RS engine or duratec out of the focus st. cant bring my self round to butchering it, its in to good nick.

mine has a FSH and was purchasd with a genuine 32k miles. its stil all original but i racked sum miles on it, it just hit 63k miles. plan was to drop an RS engine or duratec out of the focus st. cant bring my self round to butchering it, its in to good nick.

you keeping it or selling it?