the GT went for its m.o.t today failed on a couple of things i'll sort tomorrow though it did fail on emissions ????? its a 92 so should come under the category pre cat test am i right as i believe it goes that there is no uk equivalent to base emissions and therefore cannot be failed on emissions correct or have they now changed this ???

it failed on co readings got a reading of 6.38% where legal limit is 3.50%

i'm putting it down to an injector leaking anyone else have any ideas ?

i enquired about that before g shhh :thumbsup: lol

starbogt spec is as follows

74.5mm wiseco pistons

scat rods

acl racing main and big end bearings

fse (rrfpr)

walbro 255lph fuel pump

cruise 1.2mm metal headgasket

cruise valve springs

exedy cerametallic paddle clutch

tongs ct9 hybrid

autobahn mani with ext gate fabbed on top

HDI ebc

fmic

oem injectors

got an emanage blue and 330cc injectors to go in once engine is broken in and then will be mapped.

but yes its a fuelling probs so either rrfpr needs to be turned down but its been at the same since i bought the car in 06 and not failed and got that reading before and thats why i'm sus about the oem injectors as when engine is running (and this was before the rebuild) if it was parked and idling there would be a black sute left on the ground in which the exhaust was blowing onto, you may remember me showing you pics before graeme.

oh i know its too high especially when the limit is 3.50

just trying to narrow it down its either one of the following:

rich mixture

faulty thermostat or coolant temp sensor ( checked stat before putting it in it was :thumbsup:, and fan is coming on so no probs there....... though does take a bit to kick in but still it comes on)

injector misfire or cat

or combination of rich mixture and vac leak.

thats from notes from college when we were doing emissions last year and those are of high co readings.

will do a volt test on the lambda sensor tomorow see if it is rich and will then turn it down accordingly as i don't have a gauge for the reg, and can't get it mapped its a new build needs to be broken in first and i need to fit my emanage to do so aswell.

right the car failed on emissions right high c.o content which indicates fuelling probs RICH mixture,

well with it being a freshly rebuilt engine and not been given a good run to clean it out the emissions would be high so was told to put a full bottle of redex in the tank to help clean it up so did that.

and then noticed while in the engine bay that the pre cat sensor wire had snapped could this be the reason for the high co to begin with ?

i reconnected the wire and turned the engine over and done a volt test on the pre cat sensor bearing in mind stoichio on a volt reading of the sensor would be .04 i got a reading of .02 which indicates a LEAN mixture ??????? could the bottle of redex now be reducing the emissions enough to give that reading and leaning it out ???

Pre cat sensor? :) The starlets only have 1 o2 sensor. Are you getting confused with the cat temp sensor? the skiny 1 ?

i don't know mate :thumbsup:.

there is defo 2 sensors on my cat that i just initially thought were pre and post cat sensors as they both are at either end of the cat so by that you can imagine i thought that the first one (closest to the turbo) was the pre cat sensor.

is that the cat temp then ?

First sensor at the top is your o2 sensor. The bottom 1 is the cat temp sensor :thumbsup:

:) well thats been my problem then as it was the top one that snapped so no wonder fuelling was rich

but thats sorted now but need to save up and buy a decent mani as the autobahn is not sealing properly lol i knew i would only have it on for a short period but i thought i would at least have it on road for a little while before having to replace it lol.

Ready for next summer then :D :D :thumbsup:B)

We should get a meet up once its properly running, Geo's 4x4 should be up to the job by then aswell

Lol i know i can't believe myself how long it has took but with the exception of the mani lol i spent the correct money in the right areas thats why its took so long saved up to do it properly :D

defo g well up for that get some pics done aswell as i don't have ANY decent pics of it.