Blitz Bov Troubles

Hi all.. Well i found myself a nice blitz bov with correct fitment for a glanza and a good price too.. Went there today, tried it on the car and for some unknown reason it didnt want to dump.. We stripped it down,rebuilt and there was no restriction on the piston at all. It could be pushed in by hand easily and was pretty much mint condition.

All i had was chatter throught the Induction kit like i get now. Currently i have the old "recirc" valve hole plugged/blocked and all other pipes blocked to give me the chatter. I put the bov on correctly but still had chatter and no "whoosh" or anything. With the pipe open to air there is a good surge of air so i know its not blocked.

Anyone have any idea at all what could be doing this ? I have a blitz sus filter, is it that what is causing it ? Too large an area so the air finds it easier to escape out of this rather than the BOV.. Anything i can do to make this work..

Im almost 100% sure that the bov is in working order, the guy is gonna check this tomorrow as he currently has a hardpipe blitz installed and it was too dark to see what we were doing to take the hardpipe off but it was removed from this car working fine not that long ago and not touched since.

Appreciate any light you guys can shed towards this.. Am gutted currently :)

make sure the vac source is strong enough to bring the piston up, i put back in my hks and the vac line had my ebc, and boost gauge running off it and it would dump... i then figured out that the vac source wasnt strong enough.

try connecting up the dump valve to it's vac source (so no other interferences are in the line) if that makes sence

Thanks for the quick replies guys..

@ wallace - Yes it was off another glanza mate and was running fine on there ive been told. Guy was 100% genuinely shocked it didnt work and gave me my money back after helping try to get it work for the best part of 2 hours lol. As for the hole the bov is connected to its the original pipe that was connected to the original Recirc valve so should be big enough ? The adapter is a perfect fit into this pipe as it is a glanza adaptor.

@ cl - the vac source being the 1 i have my boost gauge connected to yes ? ive got a t-piece in this with the 1 pipe going thru to the gauge and the other to the top of the bov. if the vac source isnt strong enough is there anyway to make it stronger ?

I had a Hks ssqv which worked fine but that was before i blocked the original efi-recirc hole and with the standard airbox on.

Keep the help coming :)

Just had a browse around the web.. Could it be possible that my vacuum pipe diameter is too large ? therefore not creating enough pressure ? i found that with a turbosmart bov on a starlet the pipe used is a 6mm into a 5mm.. Hmm maybe worth a try tomorrow if i can find some 5mm pipe.. The pipe im using currently is some cheap halfords rubbish and is probably 6mm min.. more like 8mm i think.. Hopefully that is the problem..

I didnt know that the vac actually was a large part in how the bov worked lol.. Im guessing it helps pull up the piston by "sucking" it from the other direction to the efi end intake where it is being "pushed".. Am i correct in thinking this ?

Thanks

Well i have now seen the bov running on the guys glanza so i know 100% its not that.. Have now re-routed the boost gauge pipe to another vacuum pipe. Im half thinking it could be the pipe i used.. Being halfords cheap stuff its very soft so maybe it was "squashing" together therefore blocking it in effect. hopefully see the guy later and will give it another try with some sturdier pipe ive got..

fingers crossed peeps.. £70 for a genuine blitz :)