Head Gasket

im pretty sure my head gasket has gone but since im new to the engine stuff i thought id make sure lol. <_<

when driving it i have no power at all

when idling it sounds like a tank

i removed the plugs to see what would happen when the engine was running and the two in the middle didnt change the tone of the eninge to i expect the problem could lie between there?

just some help would be nice or advice :blink:

would anyone be to tell me where i would be to order a new gasket?

thanks

joe

pm replied mate, so is it using coolant? if there is no power and it idles like crap it would suggest it's running on 2/3 cylinders...

has it been out in the rain alot recently?

i did mention the plugs needed a change perhaps try changing to some nice new plugs, make sure there is no water in the spark splug tube bit and see what happens.

pm replied mate, so is it using coolant? if there is no power and it idles like crap it would suggest it's running on 2/3 cylinders...

has it been out in the rain alot recently?

i did mention the plugs needed a change perhaps try changing to some nice new plugs, make sure there is no water in the spark splug tube bit and see what happens.

no its only rained on a few days up here and the rest of the time its been garaged. ill try them plugs again and see what happens lol

just means ill have to use my bike and its cold <_< lol

has it used any coolant or oil? if not i doubt it's the head gasket... that engine was bombproof just me lol

should be a reasonably simple fix just a matter or ticking off one solution at a time:

first the plugs.. nice new iridium's heat grade 7 will be suffice

if no luck try some different HT leads (can just nick the ones off your mates V)

the rota and dizzy are new so no worries there.

next if no luck get a compression test done, that will quickly tell you if the headgaket is blowing.

also try a diagnostic test:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....p;hl=diagnostic